Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bonding To separate or not to separate, that is the questions

KenaM

Cavy Slave
Long story short. My mama has 3 boys on Aug 10th, I adopted one out and I have 2 still. I need to adopt the other 2 because I just don't have the space or resources to keep 4 pigs. Im doing it, they aren't neglected by any means, but I really just can't do it for much longer.
Here's my dilemma; I have 2 separate people wanting to adopt a single pig, one of the people already adopted the first brother. They both would be going to good homes and to a new cage mate. I feel though since they have been together since birth they are bonded. They sleep together, the eat together, they purr at the ladies together through the cage (which has gotten crazy so I blocked their view). This morning I was holding one of them and he started weeking and then the one left in the cage sounded very alarmed.
Would it be too stressful for them to be separated or should I insist they go as a bonded pair?? So confused...

I'd adopt them as a pair if I could. But if they're both going to good homes with other cage mates, they're young enough to adjust.

Thank you! I am glad they are young enough to adjust...I will have to give this some thought. I would prefer them to go together too

It's hard to find truly good homes for guinea pigs, at least in my area. If it's the same for you, I think separating them for assured good homes is better than waiting for a home where they can be together, since that might never come. I'd go for the sure thing.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.