Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rescues I found a guinea pig outside!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
GreyWish please calm down, no one has mentioned anything about pig amounts on this thread. Only if they could have been dumped at your home because people in your area might know you take in guinea pigs. It happened to me quite a bit when I was in college with rabbits. It is not an unheard of thing.

That said, I am glad these babies are getting the help they need and they were found before something else could happen to them. I do hope they all recover well, especially the sow.

GreyWish

Cavy Champion
Cavy Gazer
when i saw them i thought they were rats but they kinda ran when i opened the bush but then i saw no tails the long feet and the cute ears and knew they were piggies when i picked them up they tried as hard as they could to squeek it was soo sad... i did cry i was so sad that they were like that i wasn't even thinking about the people i was just thinking about my house and feeding them after a while i started to think how terrible and close to satan do you have to be to do this to a poor little guinea pig and her babies
so i just got them to the vet as soon as they opened now were here
i really hope the police can find these F*****s so they can get what the deserve and then my mom can sue them for all the vet costs
it really makes me cry thinking about this my stomach is soo upset over this ive got a big head ache to i want those people to get so many bad things for doing this

GreyWish

Cavy Champion
Cavy Gazer
GreyWish please calm down, no one has mentioned anything about pig amounts on this thread. Only if they could have been dumped at your home because people in your area might know you take in guinea pigs. It happened to me quite a bit when I was in college with rabbits. It is not an unheard of thing.

That said, I am glad these babies are getting the help they need and they were found before something else could happen to them. I do hope they all recover well, especially the sow.
maybe i read pinkys post wrong its just text maybe i read it in the wrong tone im sorry its just this is very stressful and im very angry about how anyone could do this.... im sure all of you are im sorry for over reacting

H@nn@h

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
You have done the right thing by taking these poor guys in and you have got them the medical treatment they need. I'm really glad that you have found them and it sounds like they will have an amazing home with you! Thankyou for helping them :)

GreyWish

Cavy Champion
Cavy Gazer
Well i have to leave the vets now to go do those things i said earlier the sow seems to be perking up and they dont think they will have to give her a steroids boost cause she seems to be responding well to treatment so they dont think they have to
im taking the boars home but cant put them with other pigs for 3 days (besides the foster mom) they just cant be with my pigs
they really think the sow is going to do fine with a week or so at the vets then i can take her home
i still have to give the boys meds every 12 hours and im going to call the boys ralphie and jason and the sow im naming Angel
the vet thinks they are going to make a 100% recovery and he thinks if they were out alone without their mother for a few more hours they wouldn't have made it
thank you all for your good words! i will post updates when i can! :)

pinky

Cavy Slave
she so skinny and under weight they are just injecting her with water,vitamin c, other vitamins from pellets and other things shes hooked up to an iv right now and they also found out she has an ear infection
and i dont have any friends near me no one in my whole neighborhood knows i have pigs i dont try to make friends
and they weren't near me they were about 2 blocks away again i was walking my dog and i dont think im going to keep them ...im just helping them out...they need help dont give me the crap about all the pigs i have
they dont randomly do transfusions they vet told me she needs one or she would die
the vets called the police and took pics of the pigs now they are making an animal abuse case and the police are going to try to find who did this
here is what all of them have and have been treated for im still waiting here at the vets and ive been here since 8:40 am its now 12:04 pm
Brindle boar : URI, Fleas, mites,
Tsw boar : URI, Flease, mites, Ear infection
Tsw sow : Underweight, URI, Ear infection, Fleas, Mites, Scurvy, Mild infection from a cut, Over grown teeth, broken leg, 3 broken ribs, Cut eye, and they think shes deaf
Shes very sick i just want to help her out and her brothers no one dumped them on me i found them shes going to have to stay at the vets for a few days all of them are going to need a foster mother so they told me to rescue a pregnant pig and put them with her im going to pick up a pig in a few hours who has 1 baby and is just going to be feeding these babies since they still are too young to be on their own after this the mother goes back to the rescue center and i'll decide if i'll keep the 3 babies or not
im not ready to fight about my amount of pigs ive got alot of places to go today
i have to get flooring at homedepot for the 5x5 then get some fleece go to the petstore for food water bottles and food dishes i have to pick up their foster mom and some cages
i just want to help some REAL homeless pigs for god sakes she has broken bones so should i just have left them there in the bush or taken them to the vet ? >_> i did the right thing pinky
I never questioned or insinuated anything about what you're doing. I just wondered if people knew you took them and in and were dumping them so you'd find them because the woman at the rabbit rescue told me that happens to her and it upsets her because she might not be there to find them. My guess is your vet isn't doing a blood transfusion. It's probably just vitamin and fluid injections. Sometimes when my guinea pigs get sick, the vet injects fluids with an IV so they won't get dehydrated.

rayvensmoon

Cavy Slave
Wow, they are so lucky you happened by when you did...you are a wonderful person for rescuing them and getting them to the vet, so glad to hear they will recover and that they will have a new home! Your good Karma just shot up by about a million today!! :) And the arsehole that left momma and babes out in the elements to die will get theirs...the Universe has a way of punishing those that deserve it.

Artista

Cavy Slave
I agree, if you can, keep them. They've been through so much that it would suck if they went to a bad home.

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
im going to call the boys ralphie and jason and the sow im naming Angel

I love those names and angel is the perfect name for the sow.

GreyWish

Cavy Champion
Cavy Gazer
im posting this from my phone
but yeah pinky its vitamins and stuff not blood
and im sorry i read your post wrong - i very very sorry about that
they were all dehydrated and they boys are drinking by themselves so the vets knew the would bring it up themselves
before the vet closes im going to go back and check on Angel
i got the foster mom i got fleece for the 5x5 i just left the pet store and got 15 water bottles and 3 dishes and 2 10 pound bags of food (i already have hay) and i got a few more toys and treats i got 2 pet store cages and when i get home im going to cut the plastic and wire and it will be kinda like a 2x3
i really think im going to keep the sow if i can bond the boars with the new pigs Toffee and Rusty ill keep them or ill just neuter them and keep them with their sister i dont know i haven't worked it out yet but im almost 100% sure ill keep them i really dont want them going to a bad place again
the boys are so sweet and kinda playful im sure Angel will be the same when she gets better :)

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
Please post pigtures when you can. Thank goodness you found those poor little things. My Quinn was dumped at Petco (person at least called the store ahead of time), and when I got her, the store people told me they often find abandoned animals outside in the morning. Some people are heartless idiots.

GreyWish

Cavy Champion
Cavy Gazer
i got my Sugar that way
this guy walks into the petstore and i was just talking to my friends that worked there me comes in and yells "YOU PEOPLE NEED TO TAKE THIS STUPID RODENT" petstore "im sorry sir we cant take any animals at the moment" him " IF YOU DONT TAKE THIS STUPID ANIMAL IM JUST GOING TO KILL IT I DONT WANT THE STUPID THING" so he throws the cage on the floor and started kicking it so i just said i'll take her so he threw the cage at me
thats how i got sugar... so i know all about terrible people

DianeTWrite

Cavy Slave
Princess Tribble was a night drop at the Olympia Animal Services. From what I got through talking with the people, the whole litter were almost newborns. I mean, seriously? You can't just wait til it opens and walk in to surrender them? You have to dump them in a metal drop container as if it were the local Goodwill dropbox?
She was the last of the babies. I'm so glad she was there... she's made live a lot more relaxing, and even my Therapist has fallen in love with her. Should I suggest she get a piggy?

Greywish, you get a dozen gold stars by me. You stepped in and helped out. Please... keep everyone updated on them.

Artista

Cavy Slave
i got my Sugar that way
this guy walks into the petstore and i was just talking to my friends that worked there me comes in and yells "YOU PEOPLE NEED TO TAKE THIS STUPID RODENT" petstore "im sorry sir we cant take any animals at the moment" him " IF YOU DONT TAKE THIS STUPID ANIMAL IM JUST GOING TO KILL IT I DONT WANT THE STUPID THING" so he throws the cage on the floor and started kicking it so i just said i'll take her so he threw the cage at me
thats how i got sugar... so i know all about terrible people

Wow! That's insane! I probably would not be able to hold my tongue and said something bad back to him!

GreyWish

Cavy Champion
Cavy Gazer
yeah it was hard not to yell back at him i almost didnt take the pig from the fact he THREW THE CAGE AT ME but i knew it wasnt about him it was about the pig
i used to work there so i kinda jut remembered my people training ....
and thank you so much dianeTWrite
i stopped by the vets office and she is doing a lot better and is responsive and trying to walk around but its hard with a cast on her leg poor baby it was cute but sad to watch her try to walk....
ill keep you posted !

natsmom26

Cavy Slave
I can't imagine how scared those poor babies were. At first I thought they must have been abandoned by a moron who thought they could survive in the wild.......but it sounds like they must have been thrown for Angel to have those injuries. You are such a good person for rescuing them, and you have a wonderful mother for supporting you.

cocoabuttercup

Cavy Slave
so glad you found them. hope they are doing better, hang in there

piggi_zone

Cavy Slave
that is so terrible that you found those poor babies in the snow. And cant wait for pigtures. Piggy blessings

GreyWish

Cavy Champion
Cavy Gazer
haha they wernt in the snow...its so hot in texas when i found them i think it was like 78 F
but thank you :)

GuineaPigster

Cavy Slave
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!! Really, how heartless can people get?
Good for you Greywish, these pigs are so lucky to have found you!

Status
Not open for further replies.