Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Adopting Yay adopting! :D

PigPandemonium

Cavy Slave
Yay the pigs are here! :D (And some chaos)

Hello again,

So as some of you know, I was going to adopt two new pigs to add to my herd of two. So the man from the rescue came over, was amazed by the cage (Had never seen a C&C), we paid him, and he put the pigs in there new cage (Which is attached to Godric and Phoenix's). So all is well right? No. I walked into the pig room to check on them, make sure they could find the hay and all, and something was way off. Mommy was alone in the cage. I started looking everywhere, and found baby in the corner of Godric and Phoenix's cage. I had not gotten to see how small she was, as I was holding the dog, so I didn't know she could slip through the bars. So now starts mass chaos. xD I tried to grab her, but she slipped through the bars left and right, until finally I cornered her next to my door, and put her in the storage bin sorta thing I use to put Godric and Phoenix in when I am cleaning there cage, and put mommy in there too of course. So all is well for the moment, and below are some pigtures of the cute little girls. Momma has some odd really long hairs on the ends of her ears but they are hard to see in the pigture, I will take better ones when I am able to hold them. I plan to have them stay in that bin for only about three days when we clean Godric and Phoenix's cage, then we will put it back together into one cage, and introduce them, and if all goes well they will be moved into that cage. Since Ro Dah (Baby) can fit through the bars, I will just have to baby proof my room, and let her be sorta free range until she gets big enough that she can't fit through them. Does that plan sound ok?

Anyway... Introducing Fus and Ro Dah! (You won't get there names unless you play Skyrim xD) Fus is the mommy who is black and white with long hairs on her ears. Ro Dah is the calico baby. :D No worries, I added a water dish right after this was taken! :D

Photo_1D89B8E3-E168-345D-8A90-93E866EA0E44.jpgPhoto_ABE43A26-2CAF-2493-3B0C-905416B24183.jpgPhoto_C8673994-2905-1F01-2891-53BD3EAD8546.jpgPhoto_D50F823C-8E76-1B0C-9F16-4122526C8B53.jpgPhoto_DFC17FD4-8A1B-B7CC-4EC1-F317249C1DB5.jpg

MissJean

Cavy Slave
Re: Yay the pigs are here! :D (And some chaos)

Finally I get to see your dovahpiggies! Super cute!

So the little baby went through a square in the grid? Is she okay?

PigPandemonium

Cavy Slave

Haha thanks! :D Yep she's fine if not a little stressed out from me chasing her. She just slipped through them like nothing xD

SurfingPigs

Cavy Slave

Since Ro Dah (Baby) can fit through the bars, I will just have to baby proof my room, and let her be sorta free range until she gets big enough that she can't fit through them. Does that plan sound ok?

No, it sounds quite dangerous. When Ro Dah gets a little bigger, she will get her head stuck in the space between grids trying to get through. When pigs get their heads stuck in the grids, they panic, and broken necks can very easily occur in this case.

Babyproof the cage properly if you want to ensure the safety of your pigs.

PigPandemonium

Cavy Slave

Oh, didn't think of that, thanks! I guess I'll just have to find a bunch of cardboard boxes to baby proof there cage.

boofp

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave

Congrats on the adoption. They are adorable.

lemonham

Cavy Slave

Oh, didn't think of that, thanks! I guess I'll just have to find a bunch of cardboard boxes to baby proof there cage.

That's what I did. I taped a bunch of cardboard on the outside of the cage to cover half the height. That way there was no escaping and no little heads getting stuck. Most people recommend you keep the baby-proofing up for 6 months.

Petlovr

Cavy Slave

Are Phoenix and Godric boys or girls?

PigPandemonium

Cavy Slave

Are Phoenix and Godric boys or girls?

All my piggies are girls. :D Though Godric is kinda a boys name so I sometimes end up calling her a he. xD

PigPandemonium

Cavy Slave
Ah, the Dovahpiigs are so much different from Phoenix and Godric! It's like they are different types of animals. xD

1. The noise: Phoenix and Godric almost never make any noise. Though I do hear some wheeks here and there, and the huge ones when I get them hay or pellets. Fus and Ro Dah have been making noises 24/7!

2. When I put Phoenix and Godric in that cage when I am cleaning there real one, they just sit there. Fus has been making constant escape attempts.

3. Phoenix and Godric will sometimes jump a little bit, over there food bowl or ruffles in the fleece, and will popcorn a few times each day, however Ro Dah hasn't stopped popcorning, and Fus has almost been able to jump over the 14" sides on the cage. o_O

4. The Dovahpiigs are realllllly small, compared to Phoenix and Godric, they look like hamsters. xD

5. It took me 2 MONTHS to get Phoenix and Godric to eat of of my hand while I was holding them...2 MONTHS. When I picked up Fus and Ro Dah it took 2 SECONDS! lol

They seem to be doing very well though, and don't seem scared at all. Fus enjoys her baths in the pellet dish, and Ro Dah enjoys her dips in the water dish. xD I haven't seen them eating much hay though, only pellets, fruits, and veggies. It's also a good thing I got a new shipment of KMS timothy hay & pellets, and have another order on the way of alfalfa pellets, so that I can use the boxes to work on baby proofing the whole cage. xD

MrWhistles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
awh!!!
wittle piggy and a big piggy
so cute

PigPandemonium

Cavy Slave
It's taken me two full days of work just to baby proof their cage. *Sigh* Well at least it's almost done now. The poor pigs had to stay in that bin thing longer than I thought. I'll be introducing the pigs in a few hours, after I figure out where I'm placing the rest of the stuff in their cage, and then actually put in there. lol Wish me and the pigs luck that Phoenix won't be too mean, as she's got a realllllllly dominate personality.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.