Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Injury Shaking Fleece OH NO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovemypigs.

Cavy Slave
OK so last night i was cleaning my 3 pigs cage and was taking the fleece to go shake off my balcony well one pig was in it.. if you know what im saying so i came back in like normal after shaking the fleece then i was going to take the towels out and i said to my mom wheres nugget she said i don't know then we start to worry then say i think i might of shook her off the balcony so i started crying my head off so we asked my step father too look on the balcony with a flash light to see if she fell down to the grass on the ground and he said he saw her bum walking on the persons balcony below us so we ran down to the second floor and our dog ran out and she barks at everyone so we knocked no answer so we ran down to the first floor to get the cleaning ppl cuz our landlord does nothing so the dog was barking while i was trying to yell what happened so she said OK i have the keys so her and my mother went up the elevator me up the stairs so she unlocked the door and said hello ..hello.. no answer so they were asleep probably so we went to the balcony and she held the cat and i opened the door there she was ... right in the corner closest to me so i picked her up and was so much better .... so we went back up to our apt and i layed with her and sat with her so then after a lil my mom took the towels and newspaper out for me and put new newspaper so all i had to do was put down towels and fleece so i did that put all there stuff in and we put the other two back and then nugget (the one who had the accident ) well. she started limping so i gave them veggies and put nuggets in her igloo that she was in so then i fell asleep and my mom when i was sleepin separated nugget from them so nugget has a 2x2 and the other girls have a 2x3 anyways she usually runs from me when i lift up the igloo and pet her but not this time so i dont feel comfortable picking her up because her leg so.. she hasn't drank i think my mom told me when she put the divider in she ate but dident walk very much ,,anyways so my question is should i take her to the vet .? before i go if i do i only have one of those "soft" type pet carry thing so before i do go i need to buy a hard one anyways all help and advice is appreciated

I Feel Horrible

Last edited:

KD006

Cavy Slave
1- Yes

2- probably

3- was there liverwurst involved?

4- the answer is 42

5- What is your Question again?

Edit: and most important was it yesterdays newspaper and were the towels blue?

Last edited:

Sl and S

Cavy Slave
i would take it to the vet. do you not take the guinea pigs out of their cage when you clean? its a perfect time for floor time.

kittymalone

Cavy Slave
Yes, take her to the vet. And, thank you for the grammer lesson for my son.

jacqueline

Cavy Slave
i'm sorry - but you're kidding, right? you took out the fleece to shake it clean and didn't know a guinea pig was i it?! seriously? of all the things i've read here on this site, this is the first thing that leaves me just incredulous. i just don't understand how this could have happened. accidents happen, but this? really?!

Crystalkate

Cavy Slave
Yea, I am a little blown by this. And that landlord had no right to walk into that persons apartment without them knowing.

Kimberly713

Cavy Slave
1- Yes

2- probably

3- was there liverwurst involved?

4- the answer is 42

5- What is your Question again?

Edit: and most important was it yesterdays newspaper and were the towels blue?

I understand it might seem like an absurd question, but really? No need to be completely rude and insensitive about it. If you have no advice, do not comment.

As others have said, yes your pig absolutely needs to see a vet. She was tossed off of a balcony. Try to be calm and positive, hopefully she will be alright.

And for future reference, take your pigs out of the cage before you clean it!

Scintie

Cavy Slave
Yea, I am a little blown by this. And that landlord had no right to walk into that persons apartment without them knowing.

My landlord does that all the time it IRKS me. I could be laying undressed in bed and he will just walk into my apartment. Says he 'knocked' well whether he knocked or not he still has no right walking into my apartment. Just a bit of a rant.

OP, vet definately. Next time, please please check the fleece before you shake it. I don't understand how you couldn't feel her in the fleece, is she really tiny?

Crystalkate

Cavy Slave
That's insane. I would go crazy if my landlord walked into my apartment!

Dee_E

Cavy Slave
I know we all make serious errors at times. Please never forget this one.

Let us know how your Piggy is!

Gigabyte

Cavy Slave
If you have to ask "Should I take my guinea pig to the vet?"

The answer is YES 99% of the time.

And for the love of god, get kiddie pool for them to play in while you are cleaning or give them floor time.

618px-JeanLucPicardFacepalm.jpg

Last edited:

JessicaSayzRawr

Cavy Slave
You guys it was an accident don't be so ignorant!! She didn't mean to. Come on. Don't be so mean.

Scintie

Cavy Slave
You guys it was an accident don't be so ignorant!! She didn't mean to. Come on. Don't be so mean.

Ignorant? It's not ignorant to expect a little common sense when dealing with the life of an animal.

kittymalone

Cavy Slave

pinky

Cavy Slave
Did you take her to the vet? Do you always shake your fleece over your neighbor's balcony?

Gigabyte

Cavy Slave
Did you take her to the vet? Do you always shake your fleece over your neighbor's balcony?
Oh, yuck!
That one just hit home.

Onetwo

Cavy Slave
When I lived 2nd floor I shook my fleece out on my balcony. I tried to shake it in a way the wind would blow anything away from the neighbors balcony below but he didn't really care. Occasionally I would sweep his patio when he was away to make up for any poos that landed but it didn't matter much to him as long as he wasn't on it or going in or out. I tried to do it late at night so no one would see me.

Its really hard to believe that this happened. It would be like rolling your infant up in your rug and shaking it out! How could you not know the piggy was in there? I've picked up fleece with a piggy in there and mine FREAK out and there is a huge weight difference.

Definately be careful and definately take her to the vet!

Crystalkate

Cavy Slave
Huge weight difference is the point here. It's not like he was a glass statue and wasn't moving around either. I have no idea how in the world something like this could happen. I am hoping it's either a joke, or a cry for attention.

jacqueline

Cavy Slave
i think it a bit odd that lovemypigs hasn't replied back to any of this, after posting about such a terrible event and after feeling so "horrible." and with a name like "lovemypigs" i'm really beginning to suspect some kind of hoax.

kittymalone

Cavy Slave
@jacqueline: I thought the same thing while I was reading it...

Status
Not open for further replies.