Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Injury Shaking Fleece OH NO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kim37040

Cavy Slave
@lovemypigs - I am going to operate on the premise that this is a real situation and concern and that your lack of response may be because you are busy dealing with your injured pet.

I am sure you are feeling absolutely horrible at this accident.
Sometimes horrible horrible things can happen when we are in a rush or not paying close attention.
I have a scar on my neck from when I was around 2 years old from an iron. My mom, who loves me dearly, didn't lift the cord up high enough when she was ironing and I crawled near it and that's all she wrote.
She still feels badly about it to this day. But I know it was not purposeful and of course she took me to the doctor for it. The scar is barely noticeable but of course to my mom it is as clear as it was the day it happened.

Saying all that to say - don't let your guilt paralyze you. Sometimes horrible things can happen and we just need to be more diligent and aware in the future so that it never happens again. When little/helpless things are dependent on us, we have to be on a even more heightened sense of alert. And take your piggy to the vet.

I am praying that everything is ok

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
This pig must be taken to a vet ASAP. he may have internal. bleeding.

lovemypigs.

Cavy Slave
sorry i was just taking care of my pigs thank you and thanks to all of u guys and no i dident take her to the vet because i have heard horror story's about the vet making it worst from pulling on it and feeling and touching it and she is starting to act like her self a lil more she is seperated from the other 2 and gets up and walks but just not drinking .. i put hay in her igloo and some food . and give her pieces of cucumber and lettuce and other stuff every so often so i wont take her to the vet unless she either loses weight or it gets worse . shes probaly not drinking cuz shes just soaking it all up or cuz she misses her friends and the other 2 drink but only half a bottle in 2 days. oh and the 2 knocked the coroplast down and went and visit nugget lol i wasent awake when that happend my mother was anyways thank you all :)

SeeSpotSit

Cavy Slave
no i dident take her to the vet because i have heard horror story's about the vet making it worst from pulling on it and feeling and touching it

Um...ya...no. Your 2 pound animal fell a story and landed on concrete, pretty sure the vet can't do any more damage. Perhaps you live in a country where vets are masochistic?

This is a fascinating thread... Landlords entering apartments!? Oh and that one detail about shaking the fleece while the pig is in it, hmmm... I'm still not sure how this happens.

lovemypigs.

Cavy Slave
oh and for everyone that is going to be rude about it . DONT SAY ANYTHING

lissie

Cavy Slave
Please, please, please take your pig to the vet. They couldn't do any more damage than dropping a pig one story high.

Your pig needs to be checked out ASAP.

Last edited:

Dee_E

Cavy Slave
Do you realize that if there is a true break (not a greenstick break) and it is not attended to ASAP it will never heal and the leg might have to be amputated?????

SeeSpotSit

Cavy Slave
The thing I don't understand is, if your post was for advice and EVERYONE is saying take her to a vet but you're not going to do that...why did you post it to begin with?

Zuidy

Cavy Slave
We have all been telling you that you NEED to take the Guinea Pig to a vet. So, you must know that she NEEDS the help.

Neglect is not giving an animal the right food, water, shelter or vet care. Because their misery goes on for so long, animals who die of neglect can suffer just as much as animals who are harmed on purpose. -Humane Society.org

Sounds like neglect to me. And..... Piggies pushing over the CoroPlast? Excuse me? Am I not following, or does your cage not have grids?

Nobody is being rude here, but we don't like seeing an animal being treated with cruelty. Which, because you are neglecting to get the piggie vet care, ACCORDING TO the HSOA, is animal cruelty.
__

BOTTOM LINE: YOU NEED to get this Pig into a vet. ASAP.

lovemypigs.

Cavy Slave
we have all been telling you that you need to take the guinea pig to a vet. So, you must know that she needs the help.

Sounds like neglect to me. And..... Piggies pushing over the coroplast? Excuse me? Am i not following, or does your cage not have grids?

Nobody is being rude here, but we don't like seeing an animal being treated with cruelty. Which, because you are neglecting to get the piggie vet care, according to the hsoa, is animal cruelty.
__

bottom line: You need to get this pig into a vet. Asap.

the coroplast that seperates them

Dee_E

Cavy Slave
the coroplast that seperates them

What good is that doing, in your previous post you mentioned that the other piggies pushed it down.

Crystalkate

Cavy Slave
I honestly think this is a sick joke, and we are wasting our worry on a very immature girl. If it's not, then she has no right to own any type of animal if she is not going to give them the care they need. @lovemypigs you have no idea if that poor pig is in pain, or has something wrong with her insides. If you can't pay the money for her care then please surrender her to a vet or humane society, and let them know what happened so they can get the care she needs.
When it's a situation like this that is so ridiculous, everyone here who cares for animals has a right to be rude. I am so tired of seeing people adopt pets, and not care for them. You came on here asking all of us a question. If you had no intention of taking her to the vet, then what in the world did you post this for?

lovemypigs.

Cavy Slave
What good is that doing, in your previous post you mentioned that the other piggies pushed it down.
yes they did so we put another piece on

lovemypigs.

Cavy Slave
I honestly think this is a sick joke, and we are wasting our worry on a very immature girl. If it's not, then she has no right to own any type of animal if she is not going to give them the care they need. @lovemypigs you have no idea if that poor pig is in pain, or has something wrong with her insides. If you can't pay the money for her care then please surrender her to a vet or humane society, and let them know what happened so they can get the care she needs.
When it's a situation like this that is so ridiculous, everyone here who cares for animals has a right to be rude. I am so tired of seeing people adopt pets, and not care for them. You came on here asking all of us a question. If you had no intention of taking her to the vet, then what in the world did you post this for?

what are the signs that there in pain ?

Scintie

Cavy Slave
Falling over a balcony is a sure sign of pain.

Dee_E

Cavy Slave
Lethargy, not eating, not drinking, glazed eyes, to name a few.

Fizzlepop40

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Sometimes they don't even show any signs of sickness or pain until it's too late. Get her to a vet, PLEASE.

Oh, just wondering, why are your pigs seperated?

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Your pig took a terrible, dangerous fall. Is he is not drinking, you have a serious problem here. If your pig has damage on the inside your pig could die. Pleas,e, have yor parents and yourself get this pig to a vet before it is to late.

lovemypigs.

Cavy Slave
fizzle because the other two bother her and she needs rest

Status
Not open for further replies.