Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Removed "Cavy Kitchen" - what to do with it now?

4boipigs

Valued Contributor
Cavy Slave
I have a cavy kitchen (assuming one from this website) I got used from the local rescue when I bought a cage set there. I decided to remove it because I didn't like seeing my boys leaping over it and Little Bear had trouble using it since Gimbly got possessive of the area. Now I have a kitchen with no use. I thought about using it as transport for carrying dirty fleece for cleaning time so I don't get hay all over my floor. Any ideas? May donate it back to the rescue too.

Pictured- boys with no kitchen!

SSLee

Cavy Slave
You can use the kitchen as a basket and corral smaller piggy items in it. I have my cage on three Ikea tables and underneath have numerous bins and baskets filled with snacks, toys, vitamin supplements, etc.

Lily, my four-year old piggy, isn't as agile anymore. I, also, don't want her to have to leap over the current pan lid if that causes difficulty. I have another litter pan that has a very low opening and will be switching out to that soon.

Your hay looks very green and looks enticing. I'm still unhappy about the amount of brown pieces in my KMS hay. Can't wait for my piggies to finish the current supply so we can try GuineaDad hay.

Last edited:

4boipigs

Valued Contributor
Cavy Slave
You can use the kitchen as a basket and corral smaller piggy items in it. I have my cage on three Ikea tables and underneath have numerous bins and baskets filled with snacks, toys, vitamin supplements, etc.

Lily, my four-year old piggy, isn't as agile anymore. I, also, don't want her to have to leap over the current pan lid if that causes difficulty. I have another litter pan that has a very low opening and will be switching out to that soon.

Your hay looks very green and looks enticing. I'm still unhappy about the amount of brown pieces in my KMS hay. Can't wait for my piggies to finish the current supply so we can try GuineaDad hay.

I buy Oxbow hay. Gimbly (the fat one) loves to sleep in his hay. Shortly after cleaning the cage he buried himself in the hay and started to eat. Unfortunately I can't really use the kitchen as storage. This cage is under a table that my other cage sits on, and on either side is a couch or all my guinea pig junk.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.