Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Piggy loving new member!

ChiefNugget

Cavy Gazer
Hi everyone! My name's Fran and I'm a new member. I have two little piggies, a Ridgeback boy named Patches and a smooth haired girl named Rosie. Patches is over a year old and Rosie is about 5 months and they're my little angels. I am actually obsessed with them so I was really happy when I stumbled upon this site after googling some of their behaviors. Patches loves licking Rosie's ears/fur so I just wanted to make sure it was normal. And in my search (which I did get an answer for), I found this site and thought it would be a great way to connect with fellow cavy lovers as my husband finds my obsession with them a bit strange. Anyway, hi from myself, Patch-man and Rosebud!

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Is patches or rose fixed? (Just curious).

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! Great to have a fellow Brit around ;) I hope you don't mind my asking, but is Patches neutered? Post pigtures when you can, we all love seeing new piggies!

Pipandpoppy

Cavy Slave
We had a vote in my house today over if my baby Theo was a spoilt prince and got hugs and rubs every time he squeaked and got treats and hideys every time we went into town and now costs about the same as a car to own because of all toys and houses he gets ;)

Rywen

Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome to the forum!

MrsGuineaPig

Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome to the forum! Are either of them neutered? We all have weird obsessions with our piggies hahahha!

SomethingFunny

Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome! I love your username. I wouldn't worry about the grooming, I'm sure Rosie will nip him if he gets too over-zealous.

ChiefNugget

Cavy Gazer
Thank you all for the warm welcomes! Patches is indeed neutered so there won't be any mini Patches/Rosie's running around. I'm very happy to find a community of piggy lovers like myself! I'm still trying to figure out how this site works and all, so I apologize if the picture below is huge. But Rosie is the black one and Patches is the one peaking over her.

Attachments

cuddle piggies.jpg

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Slave
They make a great couple ;) Please don't be offended by this, but Rosie's back nails are looking a little curled under and probably need a little trim. I know it's scary clipping their nails, I'm terrified of it myself, so I get my vet tech to do it lol But there are plenty of tutorials and tips floating around to help you give it a go yourself :)

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
Aww their so cute. That's adorable Patches peaking over Rosie lol.

maddy harper

Cavy Slave
hello and welcome to the forums. :D

ChiefNugget

Cavy Gazer
They make a great couple ;) Please don't be offended by this, but Rosie's back nails are looking a little curled under and probably need a little trim. I know it's scary clipping their nails, I'm terrified of it myself, so I get my vet tech to do it lol But there are plenty of tutorials and tips floating around to help you give it a go yourself :)

No offense taken at all! They are indeed long, so are Patches and I need to clip them both. I have a little nail trimmer that I use that works well (when the piggies actually let me do it), but we just moved so it needs to be dug out of a box somewhere :) Thanks for the tip!

Rywen

Cavy Slave
Ferb licks Penny's ears all the time, he has an ear fetish, lol.

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Slave
Oh you don't need to tell me about the chaos moving house causes, I'm moving for the 7th time next month! I recommend having something that takes work to eat in front of them, like a big chunk of carrot or a whole lettuce leaf, something they have to keep going back to so as they don't loose interest and realise what's going on.

Agrimony

Cavy Slave
Adorable! Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing pictures! I am about to move with my pigs for the first time next month (last time I moved I didn't have them yet) and I am sooo not looking forward to it lol!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.