Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Brand new piggy mum, need advice

biba101

Cavy Gazer
Hello everyone.
I adopted a 2 year old female piggy today, her name is Biba (pronounced as Beeba, i guess, I'm not a native English speaker). I have never had piggies before so this is all very exciting and new to me. She has explored her cage and seems a little inactive for now, but I'm sure that she will become more active as she gets used to the new environment.

Last edited:

Steph 123

Cavy Gazer
Hello everyone.
I adopted a 2 year old female piggy today, her name is Biba (pronounced as Beeba, i guess, I'm not a native English speaker). I have never had piggies before so this is all very exciting and new to me. She has explored her cage and seems a little inactive for now, but I'm sure that she will become more active as she gets used to the new environment.
Congratulations 🎊. They are so much fun to play with and care for. From what I’ve been told they should usually have a cagemate so they don’t become lonely and depressed. Good luck with your sweet little girl. I currently have 7 piggies because my male was sold to me as a female and got my other two girls pregnant. I now how four girls and three boys.

ItsaZoo

Cavy Slave
Congratulations on adopting Biba. Guinea pigs are a lot of fun, and they are also a very unique animal. For example, they graze on and off all day and night, so they need hay available 24/7. Timothy and orchard grass are good choices for adult guinea pigs. And they need to get vitamin C from the foods they eat, or from supplements, just like people.

Here is a link to a very good Care Guide for Guinea Pigs