Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello from a new guinea pig lover!

spanandry

Cavy Gazer
Hi everyone, my name is Lisa and I'm so happy to join this forum. I just adopted two adorable guinea pigs from a local rescue, and I'm in love with them. They are both females, about 6 months old, and very sweet and friendly. Their names are Coco and Luna, and they are brown and white Abyssinians. They are my first guinea pigs, and I'm learning a lot about how to take care of them and make them happy.

I have a C&C cage for them, with fleece bedding, a hay rack, a water bottle, a food bowl, a hidey house, and some toys. I also give them fresh veggies and fruits every day, and some vitamin C supplements. I try to give them some floor time every day, and cuddle them as much as they let me. They are still a bit shy, but they are getting more comfortable and curious every day. They make the cutest noises, and I love watching them popcorn and zoom around.

I'm here to meet other guinea pig owners, share pictures and stories, and learn more about these amazing animals. I'm looking forward to being part of this community, and making some new friends.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! You'll find plenty of information here, and theres usually someone about if you have questions.

iggy

Cavy Slave
Welcome in! I'd love to see pictures of girls!