Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior overactive guinea pig; veggie introduction help

vaculatestar

Cavy Slave
So I have a baby guinea pig who was born after I adopted her mother not knowing that she was pregnant. Wound up coming up with the name Belle after I saw that disney princess somewhere. Anyways, she is EXTREMELY active, always moving about. Even when carrying her if I'm not careful she'll be scaling my face like a climber on Mt. Everest within seconds. Can't keep her still anywhere. Is this an age thing that she'll grow out of? (She'll be two months old next week.)

Also, I'm having difficulty getting her to eat vegetables. Only veggie I have had ANY success with was bell pepper.

Thoughts or suggestions here?

jaycriae

Cavy Slave
Ditto, all baby pigs are little bundles of energy, but it sounds like yours is quite the handful. Try letting her run around you during floor time rather than trying to hold or snuggle her, though if you lie down while wearing a coat she might enjoy exploring that.

Definitely read that link and try to increase variety, but if it's any comfort, bell peppers are probably the best single vegetable for her to be willing to eat, nutritionally speaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vaculatestar

Cavy Slave
Bell Pepper is like, the only one she'll give the time of day to however. :p

jaycriae

Cavy Slave
Try cutting little pieces of lettuce up and sticking them on the bell pepper as well as on the pellets, then. I imagine that the way small wet pieces of lettuce stick to things it would be rather hard for her to eat the pepper without getting a decent amount of lettuce. You can also try introducing her to a different color of bell peppers, if she's only been eating one. Red bell peppers are especially good because they're high in vitamin C.

I was just pointing out that it's much better for her to only eat bell pepper than only eat say, cucumber peels, or carrots. :p Good luck!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.