Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

new piggy owners with a question

luvmycavies

Cavy Slave
Our family are new slaves to 2 beautiful abyssinian mix girls. My oldest boy is really into history so thier names are Cleopatra (Cleo) and Queen Elizabeth The first (Lizzie). We researched for about a month before making a C&C cage and finding them at a rescue. They live on fleece and are spoiled girls. We also constructed a 16 grid "playpen" that is used for floor time or outside time.
I was recently contacted by a lady that has 2 females needing to be re-homed and she refuses to take them to a rescue. They are living in a petstore cage that is too little and breaking. I am such an animal lover but wonder if my love will get us in over our heads? Our house isn't big so we would have to construct a large stacked cage and I wonder what the expenses would be like with 4 instead of 2. Any oppinions or suggestions?

ferndalezoo

Cavy Slave
Hi! Welcome!

I recently added two more to my herd of 2 boars, so the same as you--- double the pleasure, double the poop! hehe.

Instead of 2 stacked cages, could expand your existing cage and put all 4 in together (AFTER quarantine!!!)? My 4 boars cohabitate in a 3x5 c&c.

The costs of 4 versus 2 really aren't that much-- vet care, though, will oviously be more, plus twice the greens. I don't go through pellets much faster than before, but my 4 boys can walk throuh hay like pros.

luvmycavies

Cavy Slave
Unfortunately we don't have the room to go out..just up. They live in the main room of our house and 4X2 is kinda the limit for now.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.