Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New here

TweeksMom

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum and wanted to share my two new boys:)

1st, I've been a vet tech for 17 yrs and married to a tattoo artist. We have a zoo here and wouldn't have it any other way. We currently have 4 goats, lots of chickens, 7 house dogs, 4 cats...2 inside and 2 outside, 2 bearded dragons, a male veiled chameleon, 3 water turtles, 7 tarantulas, 3 snakes, 2 house bunnies and lots of birds... a blue and gold macaw, a hahns macaw, a goffins cockatoo, a blue quaker, 2 love birds, a parrotlet, a canary, 2 parakeets, lots of finches that live with a diamond dove. It's great living here!!

I've had guinea pigs for about 10 yrs with a break for a few years. Recently, I finally got a pig I've been wanting for a very long time. A skinny boar:) I also got his brother. They are 8 wks old now and too cute!
They live in a midwest guinea pig habitat. Before I had C&C and I must say, I love this midwest cage! My guys stay on fleece and eat oxbow. They are growing so fast!! They love their cuddle sacks and it's so cute to see the sak bouncinglol

I did take out the divider wall b/c I didn't like it. I just wanted to see what it looked like. They also no longer have that corner box but a regular square one that they actually use.

PiggyKat

Cavy Slave
Oh my goodness you do have a small zoo don't you!?! How fun! I am trying to get my vet tech! I love your boys they are just too cute! I myself want to have a small zoo too! My boy friend is ok with it so far and loves my pigs so slowly we are working on it.
Welcome and enjoy!

Peggysu

Cavy Slave
Cute pigs, I don't think I have ever seen such a colorful skinny. Welcome, hope you enjoy the site as much as the rest of us.

Deb's4Pigs

Cavy Slave
Welcome and I love your boys!!

cam767

Cavy Slave
Wow! Welcome! Do you charge admission for the zoo? lol That's quite a bit. You boys are cuties!

iloveanimals

Cavy Slave
Cute piggers! Make sure those snakes don't think they're their dinner.  That wouldn't be good.

CavyTimothy

Cavy Slave
Aww your boys are so cute, you have a lot of animals.

MyLittlePiggy07

Cavy Slave
This might be a weird question, but do they go to the bathroom on the fleece? I'm switching my guinea pig over to a c&c cage & I'm worried I'll go through a ton of bedding so I want to use fleece, but I also don't want to have to go through fleece all the time either.

mmas4

Cavy Slave
I though I had a lot of animals  Your piggies are too cute.   Pigs usually do pee on the fleece but thats why you put an absorbent layer under it. I think if you use mattress pads or UHaul blankets you only need to change it once a week. You can also put a hay rack above a litter pan since they like to eat and go to teh bathroom at the same time.

TweeksMom

Cavy Slave
Thanks everyone! Yes, he is colorful  He apparently had an ear infection before I got him and has a head tilt. I took them to work with me the day after getting them for a check up. His butt and some of his chest are the only areas completely hairless. He's got a rough fuzz covering the rest of him. He's also more frightened than his brother. Both of them still won't come up to me but they popcorn around and wheek whenever they see me open the fridge or a bag.  Yes, they potty on the fleece. I use bed pads located with the Depends in the people urinary incontinience section. They are the same thing as puppy pee pads but bigger and way cheaper! I also use those for my puppy mill rescue dogs that never went outside before I got them. My boys have a square litterbox that I put hay on one side and they actually do most of their peeing in there. In the other areas, the pee pad under the fleece soaks it up.   Oh and no worries about the snakes, I haven't had a big one escape in over 10 yrs.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.