Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Sounds My piggies have become sneaky!

blessedmom

Cavy Slave
My piggies have always gotten vocal around 5 PM of I have forgotten to get them a salad by then. When my husband gets home and opens the fridge they start telling on me if I haven't fed them yet and he into will rush to do so but lately they start wheeking even when I HAVE already fed them. He will get home, walk near the fridge (they can see the fridge and hear it open) and ask me why I'm starving my gpigs and I have explain I really already did feed them. They are trying to scam seconds out of us! Here are the little boogers. Tell me Winter doesn't just look guilty! He's the loudest one....

dc55d3c92cf591e0b7bbf76bc653defb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CavyTV

Cavy Slave
The black short-hair one definitely looks guilty! lol I'm assuming Winter is the white crested guinea pig? He looks as if he's saying "Uh, oh..I think she knows what we're up to. Quick! Act cute.."

You're very lucky to have wheek-y guinea pigs! My boys rarely wheek anymore. Even for a slice of apple!

blessedmom

Cavy Slave
The black short-hair one definitely looks guilty! lol I'm assuming Winter is the white crested guinea pig? He looks as if he's saying "Uh, oh..I think she knows what we're up to. Quick! Act cute.."

You're very lucky to have wheek-y guinea pigs! My boys rarely wheek anymore. Even for a slice of apple!

Winter is the white one. He always looks grumpy and acts like he hates to be bothered but he is super lovey when you cuddle him. The black one is Brownie and he's the sweetest most gentle and adorable guy ever! Love them both! They went quiet for some time but recently got vocal again. How old are yours? Brownie is almost 3 and Winter is just over 1.

CavyTV

Cavy Slave
Mine are somewhere between 1.5-2 years. Flyn used to wheek A LOT when I first got him. He was about 8 weeks. He's been here for a year and a couple of days. Bramley, whose only been here for a little over 2 weeks has not wheeked at all yet. Not that I'd expect him too. Poor thing still thinks I'm a big monster who wants to eat him. Haven't heard a peep from him ever since we got him. Even when he rumble-strutts; he shakes his butt but no noise comes out of him lol

blessedmom

Cavy Slave
Mine are somewhere between 1.5-2 years. Flyn used to wheek A LOT when I first got him. He was about 8 weeks. He's been here for a year and a couple of days. Bramley, whose only been here for a little over 2 weeks has not wheeked at all yet. Not that I'd expect him too. Poor thing still thinks I'm a big monster who wants to eat him. Haven't heard a peep from him ever since we got him. Even when he rumble-strutts; he shakes his butt but no noise comes out of him lol

Do you have pics? Was Bramley a rescue? Do you know his past?

Brownie and Winter say goodnight.

efa90947604b181617f4e00ec65155bf.jpg

jaycriae

Cavy Slave
Sneaky little babies, but it doesn't surprise me. Pigs are smart, if they figure out that something's getting them food, they'll absolutely exploit it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.