Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Frustrated My pig sneezes couple times a day, what should I do?

Ping Leong Li

Cavy Slave
My pig sneezes couple times a day, it's around 55-65 degree these weeks, what should I do? thanks!

Nothing, if that's all he's doing.

If he starts sneezing snot, has a runny nose/eyes, stops eating, is sitting puffed up, is acting lethargic, etc., then get him to a vet.

Nothing, if that's all he's doing.

If he starts sneezing snot, has a runny nose/eyes, stops eating, is sitting puffed up, is acting lethargic, etc., then get him to a vet.
thanks, is it normal to sneeze?111

Of course it's normal for them to sneeze. They can be affected by hay dust or pellet dust. As @bpatters said, if you see any nasal or eye discharge, lethargy, loss of appetite, etc, then a vet is in order.

I just took my pig in yesterday for excessive sneezing, coughing, one eye was inflamed and halfway closed.
You'll want to keep an eye out to see if that sneeze progresses into coughing, eye and nose discharge, crusting around the eyes. That is a sign of an upper respiratory infection which can be rather rough on these little guys. Just sneezing could be something as simple as his bedding creating dust, or hay tickling his nose. : )

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.