Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

me and my big mouth

Aertyn

Cavy Gazer
I was talking to some people on another website, and someone mentioned that we should be able to do Pet Care Guides, I said "That would be great, I'd love to do one in Guinea Pigs" (why, oh why did I say that!). Anyway, I was contacted about an hour ago by one of the site admin, askinf if I would like to do one, (again, why!), I said sure, started writing it up, then mailed her back asking if she had a length that I needed to stick too, and she said a page. By this stage, I'd written nearly 4 (nearly 5), and had only covered Food, housing and Breeding (you know, gestation periods, sexual maturity, problems that can arise out of pregnancy etc)as well has different breeds (I've fallen in love with Texel's, they are so cute!). So now I've got to cut out 3 pages, and have still got more to add

*sobs*

Can anyone help me make a list of stuff that absolutely must go in. (Also, one major problem is that I can't include links to any other sites, grr!)

Thanks for any and all help

(ps, if I don't reply, it's because I've gone insane, I've got this, a website to design, I have to clean my room, go to Centrelink, apply for more jobs, help dad in the garden, wash the car AND clean out a cage, set up floor time, watch them (I love watching them!) pack up floor time, and then somehow cook dinner, and even if I do cook dinner, I'll probably give them food poisining as I'm a really bad cook)

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Why should the members here help you make a guide for another forum? Get the members of the other forum to help you make a guide for that forum.

shweek

Cavy Slave
Ly&Pigs said:
Why should the members here help you make a guide for another forum? Get the members of the other forum to help you make a guide for that forum.

Yeah! what she said. How dare you ask for help on this forum! The nerve of some people! ;-)

JennG

Cavy Slave
I have a really good one but I feel the same. I don't mind helping others here but not on any other forum. Sorry.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Slave
How dare you ask for help on this forum! The nerve of some people! ;-)
I did not say people could not ask for help on this forum. I asked why we should help make a guide for another forum. We don't even know what forum the guide is for.

Aertyn

Cavy Gazer
It's not a forum, it's a pet website called PowerPets.

Tatalp

Cavy Slave
Oh, PowerPets, I used to go on there! It's like Neopets, but with an emphasis on responsible pet care.
For food-Stress the veggies and hay! Many people think that pellets are all that their piggy needs!
Housing-Give reccomended sizes, say that pet store cages are too small. Also, say not to use pine or cedar bedding.
Breeding-Focus on how to prevent breeding
Social-Piggies NEED friends! Say that one is really not an option.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Slave
Ok so you need a care guide for a website that has simulated pets? Not quite sure I understand that. Why not just point them to this page which is so much easier- https://www.guinealynx.info/healthycavy.html

If they won't let you post a link to another website you could just give it to the guinea pig owners.

Aertyn

Cavy Gazer
It already has info guides on about 50 pets, but they are mostly wild animals (tigers, elephants, foxes, crocodiles etc) But as actual pets that can be kept as pets in real life they have ferrets, horses, cats, dogs, turtles etc. They put a lot of emphasis on the right sort of treatment that a pet should have. I was simply asking what you guys thought should be included

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Slave
That makes sense. Read the link I gave you above to give you ideas of what should be included.

Aertyn

Cavy Gazer
I can't give out links on the site, and it has over 600,000 members, so going through their weekly newsletter is the best way to go to accessing as many members at one time.

I'm also rather upset as to the tone of voice that some people used against me, I think it was uncalled for.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.