Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Remembering Bruin and Little Bear

4boipigs

Valued Contributor
Cavy Slave
It's been 2 yrs since they were abandoned in a Church's Chicken box on the side of the road, closed and with air holes punched in the top. It was October and 90 degrees. The person who found them has contacted my now-previous job at a vet. My coworker gave me the girl's info and I met with her, with the intent to take the pigs to Texas Rustlers. The rescue said they were full so I kept them. Bruin has horrible heart failure and was pts after a month. He quickly learned to enjoy life and was soon wheeking at the sound of his food bag, and would come to the side of the cage. Little Bear took Bruin's death so badly that he started to have seizures, which stopped after he bonded with Gimbly. Little Bear developed eyelid paralysis and eventually needed an eye removed. He was so happy and cheerful even with all his eye issues. Little Bear was so special that he came back reincarnated. The last picture is of Talwar, not Little Bear!

Attachments

bruin.jpg lbxmas.jpg 312422740_530285881764965_5977815902192462480_n (1).jpg

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Two years already............ where does the time go?

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Bruin and Little Bear finally got to know love, and what their lives should have been like when they made it to your house. Better late than never, but I know they are both waiting at the Rainbow Bridge for the day you find them again.

And because of them, you have more furry little souls at your house that you have saved. So, thank you for that Bruin and Little Bear ❤️

I had forgotten how much Bruin looks like my little man Sly.