Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Just staying in kitchen?

CrazyMom

Cavy Slave
Good morning/afternoon/evening depending on where you are,

I finally made a "Kitchen" area since recently it has been getting out of control with mess around the food. I got a kitty litter pan, filled it with care fresh and put it under their hay and put their food in it. But now Dulce almost never leaves the area. She sleeps in there, and then eat and then sleeps. Is this normal? She usually sleeps all over the place, in the hidey, the forest, and the cozy. I am worried about her? Could this be a sign of sickness? She looks and sounds fine. Could it be older age? She is around 4. Thanks for any input!

I think she's fine, she might feel safer at an 'above height'. If you could, maybe try and put a cozie or something up there, or maybe add that part (the kitchen) to the end of the cage. She can quite be scared to leave the kitchen area. Is the ramp too steep?

I have had the ramp in there for a few months. The only change I have made is adding the litter box with carefresh. I am also wondering if it is because Elephant (our younger/ newer gp) is getting bigger and maybe she is guarding her food? She lets Elephant eat, but she has to be hoovering when she does it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.