Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introductions Introducing two young sows

RheasMomma

Cavy Gazer
Ok guys. Quarantine over.

I put them both both on a giant blanket on the floor with treats in the center. One of the sows is slightly older not by much. I got them 1 week apart from one another. The first sow we got is PewPew. The new one is BangBang.

They seem to be ok, but PewPew is doing a lot of butt sniffing and nibbling. They're both squeaking as if they are happy. But I want to make sure.

Right now they are literally playing tag, or so it seems. BangBang is popcorninf and PewPew has the zoomies

Introducing my sows when they were babies was the easiest thing ever. One was 4 weeks old, the other 5 weeks.

Placed them in a neutral area with all the regular hay and veggies, the dominant girl walked over, mounted the other one for about 10 seconds and that was it. They have continue to be happy friends almost 3 years later.

Sounds like everything is going well with your girls, introducing young guinea pigs usually goes fairly well. Just be sure you have an appropriately sized cage and I would strongly recommend hides that have two entrances.

https://guinea-pigs.livejournal.com/3002707.html

Check out this link if you haven't, but everything you're describing sounds normal.

Let us know how it goes, we would love to see pictures!

3 hours in and they're snuggling on my lap [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in love y'all.
BangBang is multi color and
PewPew is the P.E.W.

Very cute! Nice to see them getting along :)

It seemed almost instant. There was a lot of squeaking and I'm not completely new to GP's, I am new at owning a pair. So I was super cautious and made sure everything was off in the house so I could hear even the smallest noise. Lol
Hoping they bond long and strong.

Also... question. Is this cage big enough of should I add more grids?

Cute pigs!

A bigger cage would be better when they're grown.

I have about 10 more grids for expanding. So I think I will work on that this weekend.

Very cute babies!!! What does P.E.W. stand for?

Pink-eyed white.

Very cute, Wish mine went that well. We had to give ours a buddy bath after a week. been a lot better after.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.