Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I want to save him!

ittybitty98577

Cavy Slave
lol, yah. I know how the ahces and pains are! I may be young but man I feel 50 I did go to therapy and got better but the pain is coming back in me hips... Dog sleding accident, almost went off a cliff but to save the team I had to jump off so they could clear the corner if was worth it though. Even though I didnt get them back till the nex day. Sled dogs ALWAYS keep going! That ended my sleding career :(

Man I have an extra fridge! Id give it to you for free but with shipping cost you could buy a new one!

Toadies

Cavy Slave
I'm lovin' this thread, so I just had to chime in. I once adopted a kitty that was blind and had to be kenneled when I couldn't watch her. I brought her home, set her up in a large dog kennel in the living room, threw a throw and a lamp on top and kept my mouth shut. You guessed it, hubby didn't notice. The kitty was home for several hours before I mentioned that there's this kitty......
"And just where are you going to put her?"
"In a dog crate in the living room."
"There's no room."
It was great! He was mad but ended up just adoring her. He's like that about the "toadies" too.

ittybitty98577

Cavy Slave
Toadies that is just so awsome! lol I mean that just goes to show that men dont see the froo froo details, I mean if you put a new table saw in the living room it would be like a child on christmas! But new drapes they might not even notice well heck for months! I hope your kitty adjusted well to its new home.

PixieStix

Cavy Slave
Congrats on your new pig, he looks pretty cute! Good luck with him.

Harrys Dad

Cavy Slave
oh sorry harry's dad but you dont count ;) :p

Oh sure now I don't count! Just kidding. I know when I am not loved.

Glad you found out you can get him. Now I will go over to the corner and read the male bashing lol

ittybitty98577

Cavy Slave
No, no, :D Any guy who spoils pigs is well loved here (LOL)

Gooberific when do you pick him up? Or have you already done that?

gooberific

Cavy Slave
No, no, :D Any guy who spoils pigs is well loved here (LOL)

Gooberific when do you pick him up? Or have you already done that?

Most likely Monday, if not sooner. Hubby said he will even drive me to go get him. I uh, told him it was all free. I'll break it to him later that I paid her for the SUPPLIES. lol He was mostly upset with me for not telling him BEFORE contacting the girl and telling him the situation.

Harrys Dad:
Sorry about the male bashing, but you have to understand that you're male, and we're female, and it just goes with the territory. I'm sure you know that by now, as you're older than I am. ;)

Toadies:
That's kind of what I was planning. Like, when I adopted Sarge and Lt. Dan... I just suddenly built a cage in one day and was finishing it up when he came home. "Oh, how cute, you're nesting." He didn't realize I was picking them up sooner than he thought!

ittybitty98577

Cavy Slave
Oh gooberific we are way to much alike! I do the exact same thing when there is a pet I want. I either go on a cleaning rampadge if its a big animal. Or if its like a guinea pig or something I start collecting any thing I can, towels,toys,bowls, cool things that are pointless but need...ect. Then I start hinting to my mom about it. I think by now she should know my routine.

Thats cool your getting him monday! I cant wait for pics :D

fourboys4now

Cavy Slave
My husband was quite upset when I drove to Mississippi 2 1/2 hours away to adopt our Brewster from a shelter there. He kept asking why I needed another pig and how come my current 7 were not enough. I just told him I had room for one more pig and he needed to be loved. I drove there anyway and got him and after a couple of days he didn't say anything else about him. In my experience my husband gets over it really quick.

gooberific

Cavy Slave
Hubby called home during his lunch hour. "So when are we supposed to go get this new pig?" "I told her Monday would be good, I can go by myself if you want." "No, get ahold of her and tell her I'll bring you up on Sunday. But our house is NOT going to become a piggie zoo because we don't have room for many more!" :D "Aw, honey, I love you!" "I love you too, but what do you want now? Or did you do something and not tell me about it again?"

Just thought I'd share my exciting conversation before I go clean up stuff and get ready for him by rearranging the furniture (again). I finished drawing up a cage plan with an optional divider in case things don't work out. I'm bursting at the seams with joy here, don't mind me!

fourboys4now

Cavy Slave
I'm glad he's okay with the new piggy. My husband says the same thing about not being overflowed with pigs. Every time I adopt I always say this is the last one. *fingers crossed behind back*

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
Hubby called home during his lunch hour. "So when are we supposed to go get this new pig?" "I told her Monday would be good, I can go by myself if you want." "No, get ahold of her and tell her I'll bring you up on Sunday. But our house is NOT going to become a piggie zoo because we don't have room for many more!"

Aha, you see, he says you don't have room for "many" more, which says to me he's acknowledged that you do have room for SOME more. :)

bamby71994

Cavy Slave
Good for you! Hopeful you got him for free if you think he has uri!

gooberific

Cavy Slave
Aha, you see, he says you don't have room for "many" more, which says to me he's acknowledged that you do have room for SOME more. :)

Right, as long as I keep stacking cages, we'll be fine. :D The way I figure it, I have room for a 2x3.5 here next to the couch and chair (in the corner), and if I move the bookcases into the bedrooms, then that gives us room for another 2x4, and another 2x3.

My kid can just go play in his room or keep racing his cars against the pigs. lol Usually, the pigs win.

Bamby -
I'm still giving the $25 rehoming fee, even if he is sick. She is giving me a lot of leftover stuff, plus a pet taxi/carrier and the cage he is currently in which will work wonders in the future for vet visits anyway. Most of the stuff she's giving me is stuff that cavies shouldn't have, but I can make things out of them -- like the mega giant run-about ball -- which she admits he never used.

I'm still hoping that he's a he. He's a year, so it should be easier to tell, right? I think my guys are bigger than this one, too, so maybe he doesn't have as pronounced a 'donut'. lol I guess I'll see in a couple days!

Harrys Dad

Cavy Slave
Ok since I am still loved and not among the men bashing I will come out and play lol

Maybe you can use that mega ball as a hidie just take half of it and cut a door in it.

Haley0489

Cavy Slave
I'm still hoping that he's a he. He's a year, so it should be easier to tell, right?

LOL my boys are only 5 months and they are very obviously male!

gooberific

Cavy Slave
Ok since I am still loved and not among the men bashing I will come out and play lol

Maybe you can use that mega ball as a hidie just take half of it and cut a door in it.

Yeah, I've already got plans to make "Piggie Papasans"

LOL my boys are only 5 months and they are very obviously male!

My two boys are five months.. I think I have a pic of them sleeping and showing off their you-know-whats! They have no shame!

ittybitty98577

Cavy Slave
What are piggie papasans?

gooberific

Cavy Slave
I saw someone's picture in the gallery who had made the ball into a cozy by using half of it, and it reminded me of a papasan chair. Kind of like this...

ittybitty98577

Cavy Slave
OH!That would be cute!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.