Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I want to save him!

gooberific

Cavy Slave
(broken link removed)

He's cute. He needs a good home. He's been living on SAWDUST. :(

The person who posted it hasn't gotten back to me yet, and I'm so impatient. I am hoping to be able to go and get him, and clean out the cage he's in and keep him there for quarantine or if I can get a little bit more coroplast I can make him a mini-C&C, bigger than what he's in now.

His quarantine would end right about the time I finish upgrading my boys' cage to a larger size, about 3x3 with a 1x2 on the first floor, and at least a 2x3 on the top. If the intros don't go well, I can have them able to visit at a grid divider still.

Seeing as he's been living on sawdust, I will DEFINITELY be taking him to the exotic animal hospital for a checkup, as I'm expecting him to have a URI.

I have ivermectin and a scale.

What I need, though, is more patience, and hope that the person gets back to me with a yes, you can have him, and some advice on how to deal with the hubby being mad over me getting a third piggy. :D

I hope you are able to pick him up, as well.

Hopefully your husband won't be too upset. ;)

Now, the only thing we need to worry about is getting it past my hubby. :ziplip:

I got an email back saying that I seem like a really great person to give the pig to. Yayness!

I'm just waiting to hear what day is best to pick him up!

Really, what's the difference between two guinea pigs and three? ;) Plus, who could refuse a gorgeous boy like him!

Really, what's the difference between two guinea pigs and three? ;) Plus, who could refuse a gorgeous boy like him!

That's what *I* said. It's too bad I have to do a quarantine. Otherwise, I could just do the intro while he's at work and see if he notices when he comes home. lol (remaining optimistic!)

As it is, I just placed an order for 50 lbs of cavy cuisine. I'm going to have to have someone come over and help me lift the box so I can discreetly freeze some, and hide half the rest in dark places...

It's not so much that he's upset at me spending money, as he didn't think I would be encroaching on his computer desk so much.

I've already rearranged furniture twice to accommodate my little guys. Now I'll have five boys at home (including the kid and the hubby) and me. What am I getting myself into?

lol! Im glad they think your a good person for the piggy. Maybe you could hide him in a closet...or something till the time is up. I hope the intro will go well to.
Maybe he wont notice a white and brown pig with two black ones :p Are you up to hiding? Because isnt your cage off the ground? Maybe you could slip the new cage under and then put deco fabric around the edges of the current cage. Men never notice the foofoo details... lol. Jeeze this is kinda sad. Helping you hide a pig! But its all for a good cause!

...Maybe he wont notice a white and brown pig with two black ones :p Are you up to hiding? Because isnt your cage off the ground? Maybe you could slip the new cage under and then put deco fabric around the edges of the current cage. Men never notice the foofoo details...

I'm mostly joking, but he would notice right away. As much as he doesn't think guinea pigs are good pets, he pays an awful lot of attention to them, and Sarge just LOVES him (although he is hating on me for clipping his nails today -- he took off on me three times and hid under the end table the last time since I didn't catch him right away. Don't worry, though, guys, my end tables' bottoms are just fancy iron legs, nowhere to get stuck! Just heavy for a slave to move to go grab a piggy!).

I actually did think about hiding the new guy under the table of the current cage... but I'd rather have him further from the boys, at least across the room on the table next to "my throne" on the couch, or on the bedside table next to my side of the bed while he's in quarantine. :D

He is a cutie!

Keep us posed with pictures!

As for your husband - tell him it's a package deal. lol

Oh yah I forgot he would be closer, (duh) but if the new guy started to make noise your hubby would think it was one of the other boys. Is there a closet in the room? Maybe your husband wont even mind that theirs a new pig. If you make the story sound more of an awful horrible story, but that is stretching the truth... OH Ok I got it! You can pick up the pig when hes at work. Then call him and be like "oh no honey there was this poor little piggy being neglected!" And ask him "WHAT SHOULD WE DO" (LOL) and if he says "NO we cant have him!" Be like "oh cause I already got him." At least it would be over the pone... so he cant be tooo mad.

lol Paula, just the person I was thinking of! Who else would know better about adding to her herd with or without hubby approval?!

Ittybitty, I'll have to start taking my car like all week in order for that to work, but it should be worth it. Means i gotta drag along the rugrat, too!

Anyone wanna babysit an adorable 2 year old while I go get a piggie? :D

lol Paula, just the person I was thinking of! Who else would know better about adding to her herd with or without hubby approval?!

Yeah, they get used to it. Pretty soon when he asks you how many you have and you say "less than 20," he'll be happy!

I am so happy you got him! It sounds like you will give him a great home!

Yeah, they get used to it. Pretty soon when he asks you how many you have and you say "less than 20," he'll be happy!

HAHA! Wow, that is so funny. I can see that being myself when I have a real job. My boyfriend isn't into the piggies as much as I am..I do most of the work, but I really do appreciate it when he helps out. He does comment sometimes about how I probably spend more time with the pigs than I do him..:eek:

Thats kinda a trend huh? How us girls are more into piggies then guys. Is it just cause their so darn cute and we cant say no. If a guy ever gave me a pig for a gift or any kind of pet. I would marry him! Then say ok its my birhtday!

Hey no guy bashing LOL Great looking piggy glad you got him. I'll watch teh 2 year old but ya got to send him up to Colorado lol

oh sorry harry's dad but you dont count ;) :p

Harrys Dad! If I could make it to Denver, I'd have my friends watch him as they live in Aurora. No need to go even further. :p I do have friends up your way, though, too!

I'm hoping this post pushes the email fairy button again. I'm still waiting for contact on time and place. So anxious.

Don't get me wrong, I love the pigs I have already! They're adorable, and the more the merrier! I just know that I have the heart and time and ability to take in at least one more pig. So why not take this poor cutie pie?

I did talk to hubby, I told him straight out I was getting another pig. He didn't believe me. But he did say that once we get a second fridge just for piggie veggies, I can offer my services as a piggy foster mommy. :D

Oh how sweet he actually said you can be a foster mom! wow what a great guy. Kudos for him! lol and here we are all getting our feathers in a ruff.

Post picks when you get him!

Seriously, I'm starting to believe in the email fairy. :love:

I can go pick him up whenever I have time!! He shall be sitting and sleeping next to me in a matter of a few days!

I found out also that his name is Gysmo and hasn't had nails clipped in a long time. So names, thinking mayhaps... Major Maguay ... mogwai? (or however you'd spell the gremlin species!).

Oh how sweet he actually said you can be a foster mom! wow what a great guy. Kudos for him! lol and here we are all getting our feathers in a ruff.

Post picks when you get him!

You know I'm a pigture poster!

But his conditions on me being a foster mom is I have to take better care of myself, first. "because if you don't take care of yourself, how are you going to care for your pigs and your son?" And... I have to get the second fridge from scrimping and saving for the extra $$. lol

He told me I'm miserable on cage cleaning day because of all my aches and pains. I told him that if I start cleaning it twice a week, I'll eventually build up my endurance for piggie cleaning and wrangling. As it is I chase a toddler around all day!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.