Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

How much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eckerd

Cavy Slave
If you bought yours from a petstore.. How much did it cost you? Because i went to pet co.. and it was 34.50 Pretty Expensive. I rember pet supplies plus being like 10. but im not sure. So how much did it cost you?

i will admit that i bought Silky and Cleopatra from Super Pet (before i knew that the Local Shelter had piggies) and i paid (CAD)$19.99+tax for Silky (reg) and (CAD)$24.99 + tax for Cleopatra (abbyssion). Had i known bout this site BEFORE i got Silky and Cleopatra i would have visited the shelter first.

Your Friend in CAvy Care
Onyx

We purchased one of ours at Zamzows for $25 wich was quite a bit considering we addopted our other 3 for nothing!

• Post hidden due to user being banned.
I got Cinnamon at the Humane Society for $25 and Coco from a rescue for $25.

I got Nova and Amelia from Petco for $33 each. I got Maia and Cali from a rescue for $50 for both, and Simon from another rescue for $25

I got Gizmo for free from a guy that had about 15 that he was giving away. And I got Jasper for $20 dollars from a teacher at my school and Dash (passed away) from this lady I know for $25 or $30 dollars I don't remember.

I got Dagwell and Chewie for free from people who didn't want them any more. I got Atticus for 15 dollars at a local petstore (shame,shame) and I got Apollo for like 30 buck from a shelter.

I got Princess for free she was our first. The next day I got Muffy and Scruffy for 20 both. Muffy was pregnant at the time. so 3 pups included. Got Reese and Chewie for free. Prince, Peanut, Gizmo, Checker for free from good friend and peanut was pregnant with 5 included. Harriette for 15. I know that my shelter has piggies and their adoption is only 10 bucks which is reasonable. I think 20 or more is out rages. Princess, Reese, chewie, Mumu, and Stinkers all would have been snake food if I did not look in the penny saver. I forgot MuMu and Stinkers were free too. Scruffy, Muffy, and Harriette came from the pet shop. Near my home and he lets them have pups and gives their pups to his lizzards. I reported him and he got fined big time. if he does it again he looses his business licence and not aloud to have any kind of animals. So he has been treating his animals well since I reported him.

I got piglet from a Petco for 60.00 and then some lady abandoned eeyore AT a petco to be given away for free

I got Hansel at the shelter along with a cage, water bottle, food bowl, and pigloo for $15.00 which included the adoption fee. I urge you to adopt a piggy if there are shelters near by.

moomoo2262 said:
I got piglet from a Petco for 60.00 and then some lady abandoned eeyore AT a petco to be given away for free

Holy moomoo! 60.00?!?

That is nuts. I would never pay 60 bucks for a piggie. I paid 50 bucks for my puppy 12 years ago at humane society. Now it is 150 bucks for a puppy.

I got Pig and Chut from a pet store. Can't remember which; PetCo I believe. $35 each.

I got all my guys at the shelter, the first two Buzz and Romeo, came with a cage, water bottle, igloo. food, and I got them to for $5.00. All my other guys did not come with anything and each one of them also $5.00 and they come with 1 month free insurance, and one free vet visit of no charge for anything done that day. So I urge please do not buy from stores,adpot from shelters.

I'm surprised how many people have gotten a piggy from a pet shop, seeing as this site is so against it. I'm having no luck finding one to adopt or rescue so I might end up at a shop, too. At PetSmart, I think it's $25, PetCo is like $30 something, and PetSupermarket is $15.

Zeander, I'd be willing to wager that most who bought from shops, like me, hadn't yet found this site or a rescue nearby.

I will admit, I was the dope who got the "buy the setup, get the piggie free" deal at our local snake food store (my roomie has a 4ft Ball Python - she's adorable!!). I spent I think $60 on the teeny cage and accessories and they "gave" me Toffee, the last of his litter. He was my first choice pig, though; I'd seen him the week before and said "if he's still there next week, I'll take him!" BOY am I glad I did!!! :eek:D

• Post hidden due to user being banned.
I got my first pig Cuddles for $19.00 + tax. Later to find out she was pregnant and I kept all three of her babies. And then I went to a pet store to get supplies and there was a pregnant pig there. I got her also, she had scabs on the bottom of her feet. Because her cage wasn't cleaned out. My piggies are Cuddles,Puddles, Acorn,Fudge and Scooby. Scooby was named after my three year old.

Zeander, there are a number of places to adopt pigs from in FL, have you posted on the placement thread here and at Guinealynx?

Status
Not open for further replies.