Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General How many piggies do you have or want to have?

Mastershroom

Cavy Slave
I have three females right now: Quee (5 years old, American), Kwee (8 months, American), and Curly (9 weeks, teddy). They live in a 2x4 now, but I plan on adding the 1x2 loft on the ground level to make it 2x5 once we get a bigger table.

Eventually we'd like some more when there's more room. I still want a texel, which is what Curly was erroneously adopted as, and my girlfriend wants an Abyssinian.

PiBee

Cavy Slave
Hope you find her a good companion. I'm sorry about the other one

Thank you very much :) I love her, I'm determined to find her a good companion!

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
I've got two piggies, and I plan to stay at that number, although we could expand things to accommodate one more if the circumstances were right. It would have to be something like when we got our cat, SheiKra. Normally we stick with two cats, but we've had three for a long time now because we took in a crazy feral...he's not really like having a cat because he hides all the time anyway. Then someone tossed SheiKra on the expressway and I managed to rescue him. I've given strays to no-kill shelters in the past, but after literally saving his life, there was no way I could let him go somewhere unknown. Thus, we ended up with four cats. If a sow in dire need comes along, we could potentially end up with a trio,

jm_1234

Cavy Slave
I have 8, 3 males & 5 females. I am not getting anymore because I am very happy with the way my herd is now. Everyone gets along and I don't want to mess around with that by introducing anymore. Plus 8 is alot lol!

CaliMoo

Cavy Slave
i currently only have one guinea, her name is cali and ive had her since early july :) she lives in a 2x3 c&c i built. i hope to get one more but since im still in college and living at home i have to wait till i move out to get another.

escapay

Cavy Slave
I have two at the moment, but am looking at another one to add. I need to get new cage setup and then determine whether it be wise to add a third one. :D

RodentCuddles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I just have 4, 3 boars and 1 girl. I hope to get the 1 girl *Trixie* two friends when i'm able to.

guineapigs2468

Cavy Slave
I have 6 piggies, although I would like to have more I don't think that will be happening anytime soon. The oldest rose (Abyssinian), butterscotch (American shorthaired, possible satin) cookie (American shorthaired), biscuit (American shorthaired), coco (American shorthaired) and the youngest Maisy (Merino).
I have a lot of American shorthaired, they all came together even though I only planned to pick up one. :p

mommmyof2

Cavy Slave
Thank you very much :) I love her, I'm determined to find her a good companion!

You are very welcome. Best of luck to you and I hope all goes well

mommmyof2

Cavy Slave
I have 2 piggies, a neutered male and a female. They live in a 3x4 C&C.
I wish I could have all the piggies in the world, but I do not have the space or funds for that many!!
I am happy with my 2. I worry that adding more would change the dynamics and I don't want that to happen. My husband and wife pair are happy the way they are! ❤️

That's great. I feel the same way, I wish I could adopt and rescue all the guinea pigs in the world so would have a loving and caring home. I understand that you wouldn't want to risk messing up their relationship by adding another one. But If you ever did get another one or two, you could always build them their own cage. Best of luck with your 2 piggies

mommmyof2

Cavy Slave
I have three females right now: Quee (5 years old, American), Kwee (8 months, American), and Curly (9 weeks, teddy). They live in a 2x4 now, but I plan on adding the 1x2 loft on the ground level to make it 2x5 once we get a bigger table.

Eventually we'd like some more when there's more room. I still want a texel, which is what Curly was erroneously adopted as, and my girlfriend wants an Abyssinian.

Awww. Yea I know what you mean by needing more space. If I had more space than what I do, I would have made a bigger cage for my piggies. I hope you get the texel you want and hope your girlfriend gets the Abyssinian she wants. lol

mommmyof2

Cavy Slave
I've got two piggies, and I plan to stay at that number, although we could expand things to accommodate one more if the circumstances were right. It would have to be something like when we got our cat, SheiKra. Normally we stick with two cats, but we've had three for a long time now because we took in a crazy feral...he's not really like having a cat because he hides all the time anyway. Then someone tossed SheiKra on the expressway and I managed to rescue him. I've given strays to no-kill shelters in the past, but after literally saving his life, there was no way I could let him go somewhere unknown. Thus, we ended up with four cats. If a sow in dire need comes along, we could potentially end up with a trio,

Wow. That was so nice that you rescued Sheikra. And who ever did that to him is an awful person. I wish you the best of luck with your 4 cats and your 2 piggies.

mommmyof2

Cavy Slave
I have 8, 3 males & 5 females. I am not getting anymore because I am very happy with the way my herd is now. Everyone gets along and I don't want to mess around with that by introducing anymore. Plus 8 is alot lol!

Wow that is a lot. Lol And I agree about not getting anymore because you wouldn't want to mess things up. I have 4 right now and possibly 5 babies on the way. I have a home for two of them which will be going to the same home. I will be keeping 2 babies and finding a home for the last baby. If I can't find a home for the last baby, then I would just keep him or her. Have fun and good luck with your piggies. Sounds like you have your hands full with all 8 of them. lol

mommmyof2

Cavy Slave
i currently only have one guinea, her name is cali and ive had her since early july :) she lives in a 2x3 c&c i built. i hope to get one more but since im still in college and living at home i have to wait till i move out to get another.

Aww cute name. Hopefully you are able to move out sometime soon and when you're ready. I hope you also find the right companion for Cali as well. Good luck with her and with school

mommmyof2

Cavy Slave
I have two at the moment, but am looking at another one to add. I need to get new cage setup and then determine whether it be wise to add a third one. :D

Oh ok. Hope you figure out a good cage setup so you can add a third some time in the future. Best of luck with your piggies.

mommmyof2

Cavy Slave
I just have 4, 3 boars and 1 girl. I hope to get the 1 girl *Trixie* two friends when i'm able to.

Awww. I hope you are able to find her 2 great companions for her. Good luck with everything

mommmyof2

Cavy Slave
I have 6 piggies, although I would like to have more I don't think that will be happening anytime soon. The oldest rose (Abyssinian), butterscotch (American shorthaired, possible satin) cookie (American shorthaired), biscuit (American shorthaired), coco (American shorthaired) and the youngest Maisy (Merino).
I have a lot of American shorthaired, they all came together even though I only planned to pick up one. :p

Awww I like their names. It was nice of you to have taken the 3 in instead if just one. I bet they are so very happy that you took them together and happy with you. Hope you are able to rescue or adopt more when the time is right. When I have space, I would to get more, but only If I can get homes for 3 out of 5 of the babies that are soon to be born. Best of luck to you and your piggies

guineapigs2468

Cavy Slave
Awww I like their names. It was nice of you to have taken the 3 in instead if just one. I bet they are so very happy that you took them together and happy with you. Hope you are able to rescue or adopt more when the time is right. When I have space, I would to get more, but only If I can get homes for 3 out of 5 of the babies that are soon to be born. Best of luck to you and your piggies

Thanks, and you to I hope you find homes for the piggies you are unable to keep when born. If u check again I actually have 4 American shorthaired, that I got all at once. Might have been different back then if I realised what I was doing. lol all the same I'm happy with my 6 piggies. ❤️

iamsnape

Cavy Slave
I have 1 and another one moving in in a few weeks :) I'd love to have more, maybe like 4 but I don't have the space in my room for a cage big enough! I'll be needing to expand these guys' cage though when they get bigger, met Elmo's parents yesterday and they were BIG! Noah was the littlest one in his litter though so he might not match up.

mommmyof2

Cavy Slave
Thanks, and you to I hope you find homes for the piggies you are unable to keep when born. If u check again I actually have 4 American shorthaired, that I got all at once. Might have been different back then if I realised what I was doing. lol all the same I'm happy with my 6 piggies. ❤️

Thank you. I have a home for 2 babies so i just gotta find a home for one more. Sorry about that, I miscounted.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.