Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

How long does it take for the cage to arrive

RainbowPiggy

Cavy Slave
I'm ordering a new C&C cage in only a few weeks (I can't wait) and I was wondering how long it would take to deliver. If this would help: I live in northern Florida. I'd also like to purchase products from (site removed by moderator), but their products seem over-priced, like one of their bedspreads for a 2x4 is $65. Is that too much to pay for the thing? Would I be better off buying a cheap fleece blanket from walmart?

Edit: I'd also like to ask your opinion of this: Is Kleenmama pellets and hay the highest quality? I was thinking about getting the 10 pound bag of pellets and then the 5 pound bag of hay.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd also like to ask how to make a small second story, and how to make a top as well.

I've never used piggy bedspread from that site. I think it is overpriced. Especially when I can sew my own. Though I've read other people on here who have ordered them and swore they are the best.

I've used cheap fleece from Walmart and Blizzard fleece from Joann. I like Joann's fleece a lot more than the Walmart ones.

I've sewn my fleece onto a mattress pad and it makes it so much easier to put in the cage.

I've also never ordered C&C cage from this site. If you can find materials, you can always build your own. I got my grids from Bed Bath & Beyond for $12.99 and coroplast for $10 from this company called GE Polymershapes. Check out their store locator, they have locations in FL.
(broken link removed)

For 2nd floor, you can build them with grids and use lots of zip ties.
For lid, many people use wire closet shelves.

Check the galleries for more ideas.
Closed, Multi-Level - Guinea Pig Cage Photos
Safety - Guinea Pig Cage Photos

It took about 10 days from my grids to arrive. Shipped from the u.s to ireland.

I just ordered a large C&C cage. I live in Maryland so hopefully it doesn't take forever. I have been looking at rescue shelters for a new piggy for Jordyn. However, the shelter said it would possibly take two months for a pig and would cost $70 for a female?? I resorted to Craigslist and saw that someone in my area was looking for a new home for their guinea pig. Hopefully I can get her! :D

bedspreads for a 2x4 is $65. Is that too much to pay for the thing? Would I be better off buying a cheap fleece blanket from walmart?

Edit: I'd also like to ask your opinion of this: Is Kleenmama pellets and hay the highest quality? I was thinking about getting the 10 pound bag of pellets and then the 5 pound bag of hay.

Yes $65.00 would be too much to pay when you could make your own (2 sets or more) for less than $30.00.

Yes, Kleenmama's pellets and hay are the highest quality, then Oxbow, then Sweetmeadow and then Mazuri. The Mazuri brand that is ok can only be purchased in a big bag from a feed store, not the one that can be found at a pet store.

Sue shipped my coroplast on Monday, November 2nd and it arrived on Friday, November 6th. It would have arrived on the 5th, but there was some weather delays in route. I live in Colorado, so I found this to be superior turnaround on an order, especially with Fedex.

The bedspreads on the site you mentioned are definitely expensive but if you think about it, she makes them by hand and they include all the components of what you would need for the fleece plus they are fitted with elastic to hug the sides of the cage, it might not seem that far fetched. I hear that the turn around time is pretty long though. Like 2 months from when you order which seems a bit excessive to me.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.