Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bonding Guinea pig terrified of new baby.

bnt1988

Cavy Slave
So I had two guinea pigs who got along just fine, bought a third one, and it made my original two hate each other. So I got another huge cage, and separated my two original boys. My Butters seemed lonely being all alone, so I got a new baby today, and Butters is so scared of him. He actually jumped out of the cage twice. He's scared to go over by the hay or water. Idk what the deal is or if they will ever get along.

I agree with @bpatters .
Be very careful when you are introducing new piggies, and if it isn't meant to be, you may want to neuter him and put him with the other boys. Some piggies just don't get along.

Neutering pigs doesn't generally change whether they get along with another pig or not. It just removes their ability to reproduce.

I neutered my Ginger (renamed Mr. Ginger after my Cocoa had 6 pups), because A. I didn't want more babies, and B. because he was a grumpy pig, and I read neutering made them a little calmer and such.
Well, they were right, my Ginger had a complete change of attitude.

I'm pretty sure the new pig is fine. I've inspected it well and I see no signs. I got them out and put them on the bed together and they did just fine, but I put them in the cage again together and Butters jumped out again. He is seriously scared of this new baby.

I got a another pig solely for the purpose of having a friend. I d

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.