Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog Good bye Closet and back door.... Cage expansion is a must

Blog entry from old forum

Kim37040

Cavy Slave
So, tonight as I am getting ready for bed I hear a commotion in the pig's room. I come in to find George and Patch on opposite sides of their cage, teeth chattering. I knew something big was up because Patch hardly ever chatters his teeth.
I pick him up and find a red mark on his lip. I cleaned it up with a qtip and it bleed a little :sad:.

Not sure what started the argument but my poor Patch walked away with battle wound. He just finished a 10 day course of batriyl for another bite.

I've got to expand their cage. No way around it.

If did some measuring tonight and figured that I could switch a section of their cage to a 3x3 and be able to squeeze through the space between the cage and the bed if I turn sideways. It is going to make cleaning the cage a nightmare though.

So this will have them in a 3x3 with an attached 2x4. I will put Charilie in the remaining 2x4.

I now need to figure out how to cut my coroplast for this new cage idea. I hope to have it all ready this weekend.

Gonna post on the forum for some ideas of how to cut the coroplast.

I am not sure what I will do if they end up outgrowing this new expansion.

ellisa

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry about all the problems you have been having lately with George and Patch! Hopefully the cage expansion will help. Good luck! I hope little Patch's booboo gets better soon!

arionat799

Cavy Slave
Ditto ellisa, poor babies! Hopefully they won't need to be separated! Are they going through adolescence right now?

Kim37040

Cavy Slave
arionat799;bt5106 said:
Ditto ellisa, poor babies! Hopefully they won't need to be separated! Are they going through adolescence right now?

When I got Patch and George they were around 2 months old. I have had them a year this past Feb.
When do they hit puberty?

I have been planning to redo the cage this weekend but I came home today to Patch and another boo boo on his lip.
So, I am turn their 2x6 into 2 2x3s until I am able to do the proper cage expansion. I would love to do it tonight but I know I do not have the time or resources.

They have never really been apart, so I am hoping they will be ok. I can't run the risk of Patch getting seriously hurt.

cross

Cavy Slave
hope it works out but the little cuties are worth it. my two female guinea pigs were hollering at eachother i put them in two seperate cages for 2 nights and then put them back together and i guess they really missed eachother because so far they are doing great

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.