Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Do I Have Enough Lighting?

AllysGuineas

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
I am living in the basement. I have the biggest room down there. I have been researching guinea pigs for 4 months and i am going to get two by Summer. My one question is do i have enough lighting? I don't have any window lights. I do have a ceiling light and two bed lights. I do plan on making my piggies floor time in their big playpen to be upstairs where the light is immense! But im wondering if the usual no window light but other light in my room is okay!!??
I know everything there is to know about guinea pigs, and am willing to dive right in, and get that C+C cage ready, and that cage stuff ready, and that fleece ready, that food, and everything!!! Any help id great! THANK YOU!!:love::love:

If your room is normally lit (i.e., you can read comfortably when not necessarily near the lamp) I think it's fine, so long as they get floortime in other rooms of the house, and possibly even time outside (weather permitting, and with supervision).

By the way-- I know you've been researching (and that's great, because SO many people don't!), but no one here knows "all there is to know about guinea pigs". Don't let thinking you do prevent you from learning from the very wise people on this forum and others.

Thanks for you help!

I know everything there is to know about guinea pigs,
Not being mean here, but no one knows everything there is to know about cavies. There are always new things to learn.

As far as light, yes they do need some sunlight daily to help manufacture Vitamin D.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.