Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Play Do guinea pigs play everyday?

Gracespigs

Cavy Slave
I know this is a silly question, but my piggies are 5 months old, they just came off of a URI and a UTI when I got them. They played a ton when I first got them their 2 level 2x3 cage with a 1 x 2 kitchen, now they seem to just eat and sleep. Our cage has 2 pigloos, a kitchen area, a PVC tunnel, a log tunnel, wood chew ball and wood chews, wood chew with a bell. They used to run from one level to another running in figure eights around the cage then up and down, up and down. I have not seen them doing that lately. We take them out 2 times a day for lap time and floor time. About 30 minutes to an hour each time. I recentally noticed they are either eating or sleeping, is this normal? I have not seen them popcorning lately. Is there something I am doing wrong? They are on fleece when I got the new C & C cage, which is going GREAT... I have switched their diet to Oxbow pellets and hay. I have increased their vegies to a cup a day each pig to Cilantro, Romaine lettuce, tomatoes, red/green bell peppers.. I am still continuing to wheen in new vegies. I have only have had them since April 23rd and have learned so much on this site trying to make their lives better. Is there any suggestions from you guys that I may be doing something wrong. They seem happy, but sleepy after they are eating, maybe they are just full? LOL.. I am worried because they both had a URI, then the UTI's, they seem healthy now, but they do not play very much anymore. I am not sure how often they play and sleep, what is normal? Thanks for any tips or advice! You guys have helped me soooo very much already!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.