Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Play Do any of your guinea pigs do this?

Kiwi2

Cavy Slave
My youngest piggie Chewy is my first guinea pig. When I got him he was pretty much already tamed. He loves to be held and played with.
I always put him on my lap when I'm on the computer(like right now) and I pet him.
He seems to love it!
One thing I noticed though is when I pet him usually towards his leg he lifts his little leg like a dog would do and starts popcorning in my lap! Sometimes he just starts making his happy noise is what I call it.
I just think its cute and was wondering if other guinea pigs do this to.
My other two boys dont.

Shurrim

Cavy Slave
My Doby does that hahahaha I'm not sure if he likes or is annoyed though. But if I stop he comes back to my hand. He also makes the happy sound. So I guess he likes it.

Cocoacavy

Cavy Slave
Yes, actually, my guinea pig used to do this- only when she was little. Most nights I would see her popcorn and run around her cage and do that. I also saw her flipping out- like doing that - and I never knew what that was till now. I guess piggies popcorn mostly when they are younger-I'm not saying all pigs do- but yes- my pig used to popcorn when she was little. And I only had her for about a year (that is how old she is).
Hope I helped. :)

Tmmgrl96

Cavy Slave
If you scratch a certain spot on my guinea pig's back, he popcorns and startes wheeking like a mad pig. I call it his "Chatty Spot"...

sarahczspots

Cavy Slave
Mine doesn't popcorn when I do it, but he reaches his hind leg up as if to scratch me away. I think it annoys him? Not sure though. His happy noises and annoyed noises are too similar to my ears. He's the only pig I've been around really so I haven't heard a good example of an annoyed noise. ;)

Shurrim

Cavy Slave
chattering teeth is a nice exemple of annoyed sound.. hahah and very low purring.

Tmmgrl96

Cavy Slave
My guinea pig purrs if he hears certain noises... It's really weird.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.