Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cleaning the cage

I use plain old Heinz white vinegar. 2 gallon jug at Costco is about $2. I mix it 50/50 with water and keep it in a spray bottle.

If you used vinagar wouldn't it smell a bit? I've got this bio-degradable soap that my family uses to clean almost everything. How would i tell if that is a good product to use? are there certian ingreadients to avoid?

Vinegar only smells for a bit, then it dissipates into the air. It completely neutralizes the ammonia in their urine, so I think it's great. It is also very cheap and easy to find! =)

Just cleaned out my new C&C cage last night using the vinegar and water method and it worked great! It stunk for a few minutes then the smell went away. No chemicals or soap to rinse away - yeah!

• Post hidden due to user being banned.
yep,

winegar and water user here. it leaves no dangerous residue behind, and it airs out pretty quickly. let your piggies have floor time when you cleaning the cage because the smell can be kind of strong for them.

lianne

When I clean my cage, the girls get floor time, but they usually end up standing on my feet!

denise,

at least you have company. too bad you couldnt get them to help you out with the cleaning yeah? i mean, it is their mess.

Ha, thats funny.

Starbucks, yeah, it was almost like "You done yet, Mom?" (pushy kids!!!!!) LOL

Cute! I'm glad it worked out. I was afraid of the stench, too, but it just goes away.

haha,

denise i totally know what you mean. if i take to long doing anything in their cage they all start running around in the places that i am working in. but i love it and wouldnt have it any other way!

lianne

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.