Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fur Bald spot !

Dess1

Cavy Gazer
I noticed kiwi had a bald spot on her leg , was worried . Can any of you help me and let me know why this is ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dess1

Cavy Gazer

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Is she licking or biting at it?

And I can't tell from the picture, but is there any hair on it at all? Maybe it would help to stretch the leg out and take another picture so we can get a better look at it.

Dess1

Cavy Gazer

Dess1

Cavy Gazer
There is some fur , so I’m not sure what could be causing it ,a fungal infection maybe ? But it doesn’t have scabs or any open wounds , could it be mengmites, like a very early stage where she’s starting to bite herself due to stress? Because I did notice she would scratch herself a tiny bit

Dess1

Cavy Gazer
Is she licking or biting at it?

And I can't tell from the picture, but is there any hair on it at all? Maybe it would help to stretch the leg out and take another picture so we can get a better look at it.

I uploaded another picture , thank you for helping me out

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
By mengmites, I assume you mean mange mites. And it could be that, although that's an unlikely place for mites -- they're usually found higher up on the back.

I'd wash her leg with a fungal shampoo, like Nizoral or something else with one of the "-conazole" medicines in it. Just rinse it carefully when you're done. See https://www.guinealynx.info/fungus.html for more info.

Dess1

Cavy Gazer
Thank you so much and yeah sorry auto correct

Dess1

Cavy Gazer
By mengmites, I assume you mean mange mites. And it could be that, although that's an unlikely place for mites -- they're usually found higher up on the back.

I'd wash her leg with a fungal shampoo, like Nizoral or something else with one of the "-conazole" medicines in it. Just rinse it carefully when you're done. See https://www.guinealynx.info/fungus.html for more info.

Thank you so much ! [emoji1317]

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.