Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

A new cavy cage page!

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
I agree on that--that picture struck me hardest. Thanks for watching, guys!

GuineaTV

Cavy Slave
That's so great about your gold award! My best friend (almost 28) is still a self-proclaimed girl scout! I still remember how exciting her gold award was back in high school. Have you done any wider ops?

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Thanks! I'm so excited, it's nearly here! I'm waiting on a reply from the Humane Society, I sent them a letter awhile ago now.

No, I haven't done any wider ops. I have set up encampments and run them (3 or 4) but got sick of them after that. I got my silver award, and now I'm getting this. I went to a Jamboree this summer.

By the way, there are new pigtures! (updated!)

TinaFabulous
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Thanks, Tina! I hope that you get something out of it. Not the greatest layout I know, but it's what I could do. =)

TinaFabulous

loves2travel

Cavy Slave
Just a quick note – on the donate section of the site (donating items for the caddies) it says that people should buy the toys and chew things from pet stores. On this site, you tell everyone not to support these stores in any way, so I just wanted to point that out.

So a suggestion of mine is to provide a list of feed stores or online sites where they can purchase these toys instead

By the way, great project idea! How many caddies have you made so far, and where do you get all the supplies that must go in them?

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
FastSigns' websute is www.fastsigns.com. I've heard there are some outrageous costs in some areas ($100?!?!) but mine was just $15 a sheet.

Yes, I typed every line of code... it has taken me roughly 700 (yes, seven hundred) hours to make so far, and it's mostly done. I just have to make sure everything is in proper working order.

I wish I had more than two cavies, as I have the room for seven or eight, but I'm leaving in a few years. My parents and little brother don't think they would be able to take care of that many, so that is why we don't have any more. Otherwise, I'd love to!

I know, l2t, I should probably clear that all up. I'm going to add a link to why pet stores are bad as well, and link to cavy spirit's page on the subject. I feel a bit odd posting the stores, but I also put down Chuck and Don's store (which sells no animals, just feed). Thanks for helping me out though, I'll work on it!

Thanks for the compliment also! Actually, I'm getting ready for the project. You can see my master schedule of things I have to do before it starts (Jan. 2005) here: www.angelfire.com/ultra/projectpetwakk/mastersched.html. That should help a bit. If that's a bit much, the regular schedule that everyone else will see is at www.angelfire.com/ultra/projectpetwakk/schedule.html.

I am getting the supplies by giving out flyers attached to plastic bags (for supplies) and putting them on door handles in the community. I am getting help from volunteers. For more info, you can read www.angelfire.com/ultra/projectpetwakk/aboutus.html.

The volunteers are also helping to collect the supplies.

Once collected, the supplies are coming to my house.

Then, I'll have some more volunteers that can sew the bags (caddies). I will have the materials from the donations for these along with the pet stuff. Once these are done, they'll also come to my house.

I'm then assembling the kits by putting information into each one (under four different pet categories), adding supplies, and ironing on patches that say "made by Project:pet WAKK 2005" and another with the label of the pet type that it's for.

I hope that helps! Thanks for all your help guys, I really do appreciate it!

TinaFabulous

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
:p and that's not all! I play sports, I'm in IB (challenge) classes, top of my 700-student class, taking care of the pigs and a dog, in youth group, in choir for church, and trying to keep some sanity. =)

Anyhow, thanks for the support.

FastSigns' shipping is probably the same as the rest, but they have locations all over. There's probably one close to you!

TinaFabulous

Allysse

Cavy Slave
Tina- Is there anyone in your area that had political signs up? The signs got pretty big this year, maybe you could find one?

I'll keep my thinking cap on. I know how frustrated you are with this coroplast thing. I wish there were an easy way.

TinaFabulous
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.