Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I got a new camera!!

dagwellismypigy

Cavy Slave
You know what that means...PICTURES!!! Lots of them. Enjoy.

Dagwell

Chewie Bacon and Dagwell

Bacon and Apollo

dagwellismypigy

Cavy Slave
Chewie really wanted some apple!

Ahh, success!

Bacon and Chewie

dagwellismypigy

Cavy Slave
Dagwell begging

Atticus- 'I'm king of the jungle!"

Bacon, I love this picture!

dagwellismypigy

Cavy Slave
Chewie's such a ham!

Bacon telling chewie for tipping over the food dish.

Dagsie all curled up.

Binas Cavys

Cavy Slave
Way to cute! Today me and my Dad went Christmas shopping, we got a Digital Camara! That meas you guys get to see my pigs soon!

SpoiledlilPigs

Cavy Slave
very cute pictures... Good quality too how many mega pixels is your new digi.

I was watchin that home shoppin network the other night and almost bought myself a new Kodak digital camera. But then said to myself that i wouldnt use it much... But im kinda thinkin I should have bought it. My current camera is ancient (like '98 haha) and those pics are so clear.

JennG

Cavy Slave
Good lookin' piggies. Yes what kind of digital is it and how many pix. I've borrowed my mom's Vivitar that's a 3.1 pix and I don't like it very well. I'm hoping to get one for Christmas or buy one for myself for my bday in January. Hubby can't take hints.

RyanR

Cavy Slave
Great pics. Love Chewie.

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
Way cute!!!!!

My Baby Mu

Cavy Slave
Very cute piggies! I love that fleece.
One question. I was wondering how hard it is to take care of 5 boars, the ups and the downs. I want to get another boar (I have 3 now). I want to see the pros and cons of having 4+ boar piggies.

dagwellismypigy

Cavy Slave
It's Fujifilm FinePix A360. I can't find anything about it online. It's a nice little camera, It's 4.1megapixels and has 3x optical zoom. It also has video. I'm in love with it. The only downside is it uses AA batteries and it drains power fairly quickly. The little bundle it came in had a charger with it and a few rechargable batteries. I need to get more of the rechargable batteries now.

Mu, I love taking care of all my five guys. I'm almost always home because I'm a bit of a homebody. I go to school and come home pretty much. At the moment we're having financial troubles so my Gramma is helping me out and paying for all the guinea pig supplies. I'm getting a job soon so I can support them. They go through a lot of hay and a lot of veggies. Pellets aren't a hot commodity. They ate 25 pounds of hay in 2 and a half months. The cost is totally worth it though. They bring me soo much happiness. I love watching them interact with eachother. At the moment they are seperated because Atticus is going through puberty and make a mess of everything. With a bigger number of pigs you have to watch more carefully to make sure everyone is eating well and isn't hurt or anything.And a lot more nail clipping. Having a big heard of guinea pigs may not be for everyone. I think if you feel like your ready for it and have the time and money. Go for it. It's so cute to have five piggies screaming at me for veggies and having long piggie trains. So many piggie lips! I wouldn't trade my guinea pigs for anything in the world.

Thanks everyone for all the nice compliments! :cheerful:

ScottandDebbie

Cavy Champion
Cavy Slave
Oh... So, so precious. Chewie, Bacon, Dagsie, Atticus, Apollo and Dagwell they are the cutest.

Great photography dagwellismypigy.

Thank you for sharing the pictures. I absolutely *Loved* them.

SpoiledlilPigs

Cavy Slave
I broke down and bought a fuji myself today!

Mines the FugiPix E550, its a 6 mega pixel 4x zoom and 30 sec. video camera. Damn those Shop at home channels something always catches my attention. I didnt give in to it yesterday when I saw there digital cameras. But today I felt that it was time to buy it. But ya know what... a $300 camera for 80 bux a month I couldnt go wrong. And seeing your pictures now and its alittle lower then the one i purchased im exteremly excited to get it!

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Very nice pictures. Very cute piggies!

happie gurl

Cavy Slave
sooo cute! I love the fleece!

Marlania

Cavy Slave
Chewie is a ham! I love the first pic in the second post.

terpfan99

Cavy Slave
I wish I could house my 4 boars together, did yours ever fight? Should I try introducing mine again? Is a two to two introduction possible?

dagwellismypigy

Cavy Slave
Terp-My guys are seperated. Hopefully it's just temporary because Atticus is going through puberty.

Happi gurl- I got the fleece at TJ Maxx for about 5 dollars, it's not quite big enough for the whole cage so towels stick out a bit at the end.

Herbie Girl

Cavy Slave
Those pics are so darn cute!! I love Chewie, what a personality.

Becky

Zeander

Cavy Slave
Oh gosh, I love those pictures! You have a lovely herd of piggers. Bacon in your 3rd picture looks like my Mia :)

I also have a FujiFinePix. But it is an A210 and about 2 years old, so I'm sure by now it is way outdated... you know how that stuff is. Great camera though. From what I understand, Fuji pixels are octagonal instead of square therefore producing a higher quality picture even though the mega pixels may not be high.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.