Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hiding New Gpig Owner

Rogr&billy

Cavy Gazer
i am Nicole and recently got Billy and Roger (piggies) so I’ve been reading some of the threads that have been made to gain more knowledge as I do want to provide them a great life. But just want to make sure that these things are okay; they are constantly in their hidey? Also yesterday was the first day I gave them kale and I saw white urine in their home? Are these things normal? The urine didn’t seem of a huge concern because i don’t see it abnormal but I didn’t know that can happen. Also they aren’t as active and wanting to play with their interactive toy? Is it because they are still acclimating? Help someone thank you

Congrats on your new boys! And good for you learning all you can to give them a good life!

They will probably hide for a while and be wary of everything going on. Guinea pigs are prey animals and really have no defense in the big scary world except to hide. As they get used to the sounds of the house and the routine they will get curious and come out. When you put veggies in their cage, call their names or use a phrase like “Who wants veggies?” They’ll learn to associate that with food and eventually will come shooting out of their hideys.

Milky urine is normal. It can also change to orangey as it dries, and different color veggies can also affect urine color.