Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

What breed? New cagemate

Squiggles

Cavy Slave
I had to adopt a new buddy for my remaining pig, since my little man lost the long and rough battle with hyperthyroid after being on medication for so long. Does anyone know the exact breed? I want to say abyssinian like my other guy and his brother.

His name is Cadbury.

New cagemate
New cagemate
New cagemate
New cagemate

Cadbury...that fits him so well. Yes, he does appear to be Abyssinian.

I am so sorry for your loss. Cadbury is a handsome fella.

Yes looks like your standard Abby

My condolences on your loss.

Cadbury is a great name for this guy, and he is so lucky to have a good home and a new buddy.

Thanks everyone. He's a handful. Loves to tunnel under the cage liner and make a mess. He's in his own cage since I had another 2x4 built back when my guy was ill because putting a 650-700 g pig with a 1200 one was too risky at the time. Right now he's in that cage until I begin the bonding process, then if they work out, I'll adopt a bonded pair to give them a home as well.

If you have some fleece towels or pads, try scattering those around. He may tunnel under those instead of the liner.

I had a couple of rescues for a short time and one tunneled. She was being bullied by her sister and wanted to hide all the time. Once I put in a divider and she realized she was safe, she stretched out in the open and relaxed.

If you have some fleece towels or pads, try scattering those around. He may tunnel under those instead of the liner.

I had a couple of rescues for a short time and one tunneled. She was being bullied by her sister and wanted to hide all the time. Once I put in a divider and she realized she was safe, she stretched out in the open and relaxed.
He seems to be better, but I'm going to put a new stay open cuddle sack in today since it's cage day, and I hope it helps.

Off topic, I went through your IG, and it's so lovely.