Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Grooming Guinea Pig Frequently Cleaning Genitals?

Snugglybutt

Cavy Slave
Hello everybody. My 3 year old male skinny pig, Hippo, has been doing something new. Around 2 weeks ago while I had Hippo out for snuggle time, his penis came out and it looked like he was cleaning it. I never seen him do that before (him and his cage mate live in my bedroom so I always see him), and it smelled really bad. I thought maybe he was just grooming himself and left it at that. Ever since then, he has been cleaning his penis very frequently and the room always smells bad. I'm not too sure what a guinea penis looks like, but it doesn't look dirty or clumped with residue. He is black and the penis is red, but I'm not sure if that's normal. I see him cleaning that area quite vigorously at least once a day, and this is from not never seeing him do this before. He doesnt cry or make any whimpers while he does it, so not sure if it is painful. I tried cleaning it but it doesnt look dirty. Does anybody have insight on why he may be doing this?

He's not cleaning his penis, he's masturbating, and the odor is called "boar stank" or "boarfume." It's all perfectly normal.

Agreed. Wait until you get "boar glue" stuck in his fur under his chin and his fur feels all hard >_<

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.