Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Cage setup

Jessica08033

Cavy Slave
Hello! I have a very tall C&C cage because I have a small room in a mobile home and instead of building out into my room, I built up. The bottom layer is open so I have room to put stuff underneath. Above that, I have a 2x3 grid cage with a 1x2 grand loft for my two females. Above the loft, I have a 2x3 grid cage for my smaller boys. The boys are babies and this is a new and bigger cage for them so they?re going nuts. They are running laps and pop corning. I?m glad they?re happy but it?s extremely loud and they like never stop. They also shake the whole cage, including the girls under them. I feel bad for the girls. They are usually quiet when it comes to bed time, but last night (their first night in the cage) was wild! I couldn?t even fall asleep! Also when they bounce around I can see their weight pushing down on the plastic cardboard we use. I guess I?m just worried about the cage falling apart or the boys (they love to climb) climbing out from such a high distance? I also worried if they?re disturbing the girls. The girls don?t act like it?s bothering them, but I know the noise is bothering me! Thank you lol.

lissie

Cavy Slave
Can you post photos of the cage? Are you using anything to support the cage?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.