Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New at this......

Corina

Cavy Slave
Hi, I just got myself two guinea piggies and I have a cage from the store:(...I've got an play area yesterday and it is 43 cm x 69 cm..........17 in x 27 in....is it too small for them??? please help......I need to mention that I have a tiny app so.....
Thank you

RandomCavy

Cavy Slave
on the homepage for this site it shows a minimum cage size limit for 1, 2, 3+ guinea pigs :)

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
See if you can take the cage back. The Main tab at the top of the page has recommended sizes for the number of pigs you have. But remember that bigger is always better when dealing with pigs, especially boars. A 17x27 area isn't nearly large enough for one pig, much less two.

Pet stores are notorious for missexing pigs, so at the very least, turn them over and compare their private parts. If they're not the same, separate them immediately and hope the female isn't pregnant. See Sexing Guinea Pigs: How to Sex a Guinea Pig for lots of pictures and instructions.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.