Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New to this!

bbh

Cavy Gazer
Hello, I am a teacher and took in a Guinea pig who had been thrown out of a car. She was found on the side of the road. I would like to take her to my class each day since I have two cats at home. Right now I have a store bought cage but want to make a C&C cage. I’m hoping to bring her home nights and definitely weekends. I have to have a cage with a lid at home and prefer a smaller one but at school I can have a bigger cage. I was thinking of the C&C cage at school but make a lid and the store bought at home. I also have a playpen she spends time in each day. She is still scared and doesn’t trust me completely but will sniff my hand and eat from me. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

The Guinea Pig Cages store sells lids for the c&c cages, so she could have a c&c at home and at school. My cat doesn’t bother my pigs, so I don’t have a lid. YMMV.

I am not a fan of classroom pets (noisy children and all) so you may find it helps her to settle if she stays in one spot like your house instead of going back and forth.

Please don't take her to live at school. She and the cats may do fine together if she's an adult pig. In any case, she needs a guinea pig buddy, as they're herd animals and do much better with another of their own kind.

Please don't take her to live at school. She and the cats may do fine together if she's an adult pig. In any case, she needs a guinea pig buddy, as they're herd animals and do much better with another of their own kind.
I was only going to take her to school with me during the day from 7-5pm and then home nights and weekends. One of my cats swiped at her so she is in a room by herself now. I would get her a friend but worried they may not get along.

I was only going to take her to school with me during the day from 7-5pm and then home nights and weekends. One of my cats swiped at her so she is in a room by herself now. I would get her a friend but worried they may not get along.
Find her a friend

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.