Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

How Big Should They Be?

dextersmycutegp

Cavy Slave
I was wondering if anyone has any ideas about how much a 10 month old and 4 month old guinea pigs should weigh? How can I tell if they are too skinny?
Holly is 1 pound and 13 ounces at 10 months, which seems fine for her.... Midnight, though, weighs 1 pound 4 ounces at 4 months old, her brother, (same age..etc) weighs 1 pound and 9 ounces. I would feed them all alfalfa pellets. But I also have a 4 year old piggie that whenever she is eating alfalfa pellets she starts quietly squeaking when she goes poo. It stops when I feed just timothy pellets.....Any Ideas?

whenever she is eating alfalfa pellets she starts quietly squeaking when she goes poo. It stops when I feed just timothy pellets.....Any Ideas?

Sounds like constipation. Stop giving her those pellets.
All of my pigs are full-grown now. They range from 2 lbs. 6 to 1 lb. 13. Jenny is the little one and I guess she will always be. She gets as much food to eat as the others.

Each pig is different. But here's a link to GL's weighing page, it has several examples of pig weighing charts that can give you an idea: https://www.guinealynx.info/weigh.html But remember that each pig is different. If you've been feeding them right, they've been gaining/keeping a steady weight, and they look like happy plump piggies their probably at the ir own normal wieght. Also girls tend to weight less than boys.

As far as the alfalfa the only ones that need them are the 4 month olds. You can give them some while you have them out for lap time. They only need them up until 6 months.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.