Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New pets

krystle.smith2

Cavy Gazer
Didnt know where to really post this but we got some new pets recently. So figured id share :)

Cinnamon

Fudge

Joejoe

Gidget

Sunflower

The hampster (she doesn't have a name yet lol) cant think of one

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
So cute here are some names for the hammie Sable Sadie Poppie Daisy and Dolly

pigger123

Cavy Slave
Wow, that's a lot of new pets! They're all very cute. I noticed Fudge has a bald patch? And it looks like Cinnamon might have some kind of skin problem as well, but it's hard to tell from that picture.

Do you keep them on newspaper all the time? Newspaper is not a good choice for bedding, since it's not absorbent and the urine just sits in a puddle and gets all over the piggies.

krystle.smith2

Cavy Gazer
No I use carefresh and their just on the newspaper till my boyfriend is done building their cage which should be done tomorrow sometime and yes they both have skin problems their all rescues fudge and cinnamon are sisters what I was yolf they came from place wherr all the animals were taken and they had a lot.. so im assuming they werent care of also cinnamon cant be in wood bedding

misscavy

Cavy Slave
Lots of pets! and they all are so cute!! :love: what about Star or Phoenix, I really like the name Sadie great name idea starthecavy123 ;)

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
I had thought about naming a hamster that but then decided against getting a hamster

krystle.smith2

Cavy Gazer
I had thought about naming a hamster that but then decided against getting a hamster
Shes my first one so well see how it goes I took her from a lady at work that got her and decied she cost to much to take care of so didnt want her any more

Rywen

Cavy Slave
Your piggies and your hammie are very cute, do all of the piggies live together?

krystle.smith2

Cavy Gazer
Your piggies and your hammie are very cute, do all of the piggies live together?
They do but my other two tubbeles and mohawk do not specially mohawk he fights with everyone and everything well but me hell actually not stop talking unless I pick him up when im in their room its rather funny lol

krystle.smith2

Cavy Gazer
I forgot to say mohawk doesnt fight with lucy which is my calico cat idk what that whole deal is with that they get alone awesomely

Flowering

Cavy Slave
Gorgeous are they all boars. I was thinking of expanding my herd to five. Please let me kniw how you get on

krystle.smith2

Cavy Gazer
3 are female 2 are males they were together at the rescue their nurtured tho so no babies..

misscavy

Cavy Slave
Sadie :) I like it!:love:lol:love:

Soecara

Cavy Slave
Just be careful with the boys, if they are together and there are also girls housed with them they can (and in almost all cases will) still fight each other for the girls even though they are both neutered.

Rywen

Cavy Slave
That may be why Mohawk doesn't get along with the others, a herd is usually one male and several females.

krystle.smith2

Cavy Gazer
That may be why Mohawk doesn't get along with the others, a herd is usually one male and several females.
Mohawk doesnt even get along with females by himself ive tried... the two males gidget and joejoe dont fight

pigger123

Cavy Slave

If I read it correctly, Mohawk doesn't live with any females. He lives with his other male friend, and this group of 2 males and 3 females is separate.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.