Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Official new piggy owner :)

hallister

Cavy Slave
Proud to say I officially became the owner of a gorgeous, 4 week old female Abyssinian guinea pig today! Her name is Ginny (I'm a big Harry Potter fan:eek:) and she is the most precious thing.

She is settling in very nicely, enjoys munching her hay and burrowing into blankets! She does the whole dog thing, turning around in circles until she's comfy! Its too cute:)! She also really seems to enjoy classical music, as it really relaxes her and brings out her playful, or lazy side, depending on the beat.

She did originally have a cagemate, but instead of being her sister she wound up being her brother (oops), so he has since been returned to his original owner, and we are working on find her a young, new female friend.

Just wanted to introduce myself, (my name is Halley) and my new furbaby Ginny! Posted some pics of her so you can see what she looks like!:D

Oh, by the way, thank you to all who helped answer my questions! Here's one more: Do Abyssinians come in different textures? Ginny's fur is extremely soft, or perhaps that's just because she is young :)

Attachments

ginny.jpg ginny2.jpg ginny5.jpg ginny4.jpg

daisy1cow

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Welcome! She is super cute. How old is she? My abby was so soft as a baby and got a little more course as he got older and my two older abby's are not as soft as a baby!
Enjoy, she is a doll. Good luck finding her a friend, IM sure she will appreciate it as she had one before, she might be sad.

Tiny pets

Cavy Slave
Great pictures. She so adorable. You must be a proud mom!!

TP

virgogal1979

Cavy Gazer
Congrats!!! She is super cute... I am going to be a new guinea pig owner too.. My family is looking to do rescue adoption, we are beginning phases..
(You are my first post too.) :)

maddy harper

Cavy Slave
hello and welcome to the forums...

Rywen

Cavy Slave
Ginny is adorable, congratulations!

veggiegirl

Cavy Slave
Hey wow she is super cute, who told you she is an abyssian? I am not an expert but she looks to me like she may be a long haired piggy maybe a sheba (long haired Abyssian) you won't know till she gets older and her hair grows but yeah also most abyssian (most but not all) have more bristly coats where shebas and peruvians are usually incredibly soft. Anyway no matter what she is she is gorgeous :)

hallister

Cavy Slave
@veggiegirl I just guessed myself, haha. She has long hair with many rosettes which I read are the characteristics of an Abyssinian! Now I am starting to think she is a Silky Abyssinian, as her fur is shiny and soft. She is a timid girl, but when she comes out of her shell is such a cutie and fun to watch popcorn around her cage! :) The whole family loves her already, and I am happy to call her my furbaby :D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.