Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introductions Yay!!

1frankie7

Cavy Slave
I am just so happy I swear I could scream!

So I went today put the pigs in carriers(while I was cleaning the cage) and I cleaned the cage w/viniger/water and brought the pigs in to the room where a was going to do "intros" I layed down towels and some hay and plopped the pigs on either side of the area, they both went straight for the hay, while munching they saw each others faces. Automatically jake went for alfa pig(and won) but every thing they did was safe non combative behavior(according to cavy spirit!). And now I know why people say they are social , Jake has not stopped purring!

Aw I'm so happy. The quarantine for my new pig is over Sunday. I introduce my little guy Doug to Piggy tomorrow and I hope everything works as well as it did for you.

I'm glad the intros went well! It amazed me the day we first introduced Greyson to Phil (may he rest in peace), how vocal Phil became. It was nice to see.

Thanks! I amazed myself.

I was very afraid that they would not get along,but it was almost instant! When I woke up this morning they were cuddled together in a pigaloo(not a real one, a fake one because I had to cut 2 holes) I was so happy!

ETA: good luck katie_kutthroat! I hope your intro goes just as well as mine!

Last edited:
That's good to hear! :)
My baby quarentine was up this week, but I can't introduce them to the other two since I found out one of them has a URI.

Thats really good :).

That's great! I'm glad they're getting along!

My baby quarentine was up this week, but I can't introduce them to the other two since I found out one of them has a URI.

I bet you're glad you did the quarantine! Hope your pig gets better soon!

I bet you're glad you did the quarantine! Hope your pig gets better soon!

Thanks, yeah I am sure glad I did. Bad enough I have to keep an eye on the other one that lives with her for any symptoms, I would feel so bad if the baby got sick.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.