Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Joy Yay I am a foster mum!

kirt15

Cavy Slave
Hey guys,

I am so excited I have finally been able to foster a little boy peruvian guinea pig. YAY!!! He is really cute with white fur and ruby eyes. I have only had him for about 2hrs and he is a little spunk. He is so tiny I don't even think my 2 boys were that little when we got them. We nearly had a bit of disaster in the first 10 mins when he bolted from his cage when we opened it and he ran under the computer stand and nearly jumped off the table. But thankfully we caught him and he is now happy inside his cage. I have never been so terrified, my 2 just sit there and don't move but this one is very feisty. It will be very interesting looking after him for 2-3 months. I'm just so excited I had to tell someone!

Is he wooth your other pigs? or are u waiting to introduce?

No he isn't with my other boys the RSPCA said that they couldn't interact which i am a little bit worried about him being by himself. I don't know how to make sure that he gets enough interaction? We have been talking to him heaps but I would be more comfortable if he were with a buddy. I am going to double check when the RSPCA contact me in a week because it wasn't the regular foster lady today as she was away sick.

awww,your piggy sounds beautiful!!!
Spike got away from me when i 1st got him and i had to get a friend to catch him.
some pigs are just fast!!!
good escape artists to some of them so be wairy of that...

He sounds cute! Post pictures if you can!

Yeah, Coraline, my pig is fast as heck. I took her outside today thinking she'd be well behaved and not run off on me (I learned my lesson really quickly. NEver taking them out without a play pen EVER again.) and I had to chase her all over my yard. (It's fenced in.) Scared the hell out of me that she would find a hole or something and I'd lose her forever.

It's good to know that it is not just me. byccumwho you poor thing thankfully you were able to catch her.

Here is a picture of the little fluffer. Yay I am a foster mum!Yay I am a foster mum!Yay I am a foster mum!

He's so cute!!!! :)

He's adorable!

I love his funky hairdo!

Yeah, Coraline, my pig is fast as heck. I took her outside today thinking she'd be well behaved and not run off on me (I learned my lesson really quickly. NEver taking them out without a play pen EVER again.) and I had to chase her all over my yard. (It's fenced in.) Scared the hell out of me that she would find a hole or something and I'd lose her forever.

That happened to me but it was in the front of my yard and the front of of my yard dosen't have a fence I was scared she might bolt across the street. :sad: Luckily she ran into a bush where I got her out with the fleece blanket. I will never take Maple again without her playpen.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.