Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage wood cage

tazz22

Cavy Slave
I am building a wooden cage what is the best thing to cover the wood with so urine doesnt stain and rot the wood... and a side wall on the ramp is it a must

I would cover it in some kind of peel and stick tiles. They are easy to cut and place and are water proof and on top of that they are extremely cheap.

You can cover the wood with plastic shower curtain, tarp, or vinyl flooring. Anything that's waterproof. Some people use waterproof paint, if you choose to use paint, make sure it is non-toxic.

It would probably be easier if you build C&C cage. Can you find Coroplast in your area?

Forgot to answer about the ramp. It depends on how high the next level will be. If it's only 6" from the first level, you don't need sides on the ramp. Anything higher than 6", I'd add the sides.

a c&C cage would not work for us.... would anykind of vinyl flooring work... the levels will be 14" tall how high should the ramp walls be

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.