Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

What IS he doing to his water bottle?

HeatherW

Cavy Slave
One of our guinea pigs has an unusual habit at the water bottle. He'll go up, start to drink as usual, and begin rubbing the tip of his nose around the bottle dropper, then rub his hole face around it. It's hard to explain, it looks like he's trying to kiss it passionately! He does it every time he drinks, not just when it's freshly washed, so I don't think he's trying to put his scent on it, but I'm not sure.

Any clue? The other GP doesn't do this!

My boys will do that from time to time, the younger one mostly, but I believe they are just playing around with it.

He's most likely just playing with the bottle. I do have to say that from your description, I'd love to see a video of it as it sounds quite amusing. I had a good laugh reading!

One of mine likes to drink from the water bottle and then she pulls it outward by the metal drinking part it until it "pops" back. She makes all of this noise doing it and it freaked me out for a while until I realized she was just playing! It sounds like yours it just playing around too!

Hahaha, he's just playing. Thanks for the laugh, that's such a cute image! Like Ly said, if you can take a video, we'd love to see it.

My Rosie acts like she has a compulsive behaviour around the water bottles, she has to rub her mouth over the tip of the spout several times before she allows herself to take a drink - it's quite bizarre!

Piggies find entertainment in the strangest of places!

Unfortunately, I don't have a way to take a video, sorry! Poor Sugar will never be a star.

Thanks for the feedback, I honestly never considered he may just be *playing* how silly of me. :)

Mine loves to play with ours too but only the green bottle. The other two bottles she leaves alone. Not exactally sure how she does it but she ends up with her face and chin all wet.

he probly is just scraching his face or the water feels good???

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.