Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Popcorning What does it mean?

guineapiggymom

Cavy Slave
Quincy has had a peculiar action ever since we've gotten to know each other. I've noticed that when he is happy he'll popcorn and buck like a bull at a rodeo. His head will tilt to the floor and he will kick up with his hind legs. It's very funny to watch but, I'm not sure what it means. Please help me to understand this behavior.

Popcorning is an action that your Guinea Pig makes to let you know it is very happy! It is a very good sign when your piggy Popcorns.

Most of the time, piggies will do it when you are getting them food, when they are in a good playful mood, or sometimes just out of the blue!

You do tend to see it more in younger piggies, I believe. Adults will often do it as well, however!

:)

when I first got gidget I thought something was wrong with her till I watched a video on You Tube lol

Yeah, I know what popcorning is, but does the bucking mean that he's in a playful mood too?

Some pigs popcorn in different ways. One of my pigs only jumps around, while the other jumps and bucks just like your pig. He is just extremely happy!!

Awesome!! That's great!! I'm glad that he's extremely happy.:)❤️

I love popcorning! My harper will either buck like you said your piggy does, or combine that with running laps. He'll do this for hours!
Here's a cute video of him popcorning while my dog Bear watches from behind the Piggy Protection Gate.
Harper runs laps while Bear observes - YouTube

mine: :D

[video=youtube;Xr3dCoHId4E]

Only one of my pigs ever popcorns, and ironically its my older chubbier one lol. And she does it for her morning pellets and hay, and after a solid laptime with me after I haven't seen her in awhile (im in college guys, I dont ignore them hehe). My other girl has only popcorned a handful of times in her life, although I don't know why, she has an awesome life haha.

@Draken your piggies are adorable! Your Aby looks like my Harper, he also has that cowlick running down his back :)

@Draken your piggies are adorable! Your Aby looks like my Harper, he also has that cowlick running down his back :)

Thanks!! more pictures on my profile, I'm going to look at your Harper :)

Edit: Can't see any on your profile :(

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.