Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

WHAT A FIND!!

S

Sunshine

WHAT A FIND!!

While heading out to run errands, the kids and I rashly stopped at a garage sale. What do you know.... there were organizer shelves sets. 3 1/2 feet and 2 feet sets(4 shelves each set). They were priced at $7 for either set. I asked how much if I bought both. LOL They sold me both sets for $5 TOTAL!! So we stopped at Home depot a picked up the coroplast for $14(CDN) and went home. SO for $19 I have a 7 sqft cage, and enough shelves to add on to it, AND make a loft. Once the babies are gone, and the little girl is big enough we are adding on a loft another 3 sqft approx. I'm thrilled at my find. I made the coroplast box 8 inches high, as a precaution for the babies. I'm not sure they could squeeze through these spaces or not.... I'm anxious to put them in, we'll do the transfer tomorrow, I sealed the outer edges and it needs to dry. I'm so happy. And I thought dh might be peeved about having 2 cages now, he shrugged saying we can sell the other after the boys find a new home. That we'd make the money or part back....whew.:evil: :rolleyes:

2steps

Re: WHAT A FIND!!

wow lucky you :)

my babies could get through the grids so I put wire mesh round the cage to make the holes much smaller and then just removed it when they got bigger

Attachments

DSC_0010.jpg
G

gnomequeeny

Re: WHAT A FIND!!

My dad just told me that he found a huge bag full of cubes at a local dump (theres some sort of freebie section) and he took them for me! FREE! I couldn't beleive it. Can't wait till he brings em home :D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.