Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Eyes/Non-crusty Wet/ Mattery Eye

faithandhope

Cavy Slave
My guinea pigs eye is wet/ mattery and around it looks wet too. No loss of appetite, my guinea pigs have been only slightly lazier than usual but I just thought because of the summer heat (it isn't too hot in their room but warmer than normal though). But normal otherwise. Other guinea pig is 100% normal.

A single watery or cloudy eye may be the result of an injury. Abrasions, cuts, or punctures of the eye can result from accident, hay pokes, or fighting. Examine the eye closely, especially around the rims. Sometimes a bit of hay will work itself up behind the eye and if it's partially visible can be pulled out by tweezers. If the eye shows signs of abrasion or clouds over in any way, or looks red in the white area, or seems to be swollen or sinking or squinting - get your guinea pig to an experienced veterinarian.
TREAT EYE INJURIES PROMPTLY TO PREVENT EYE LOSS.

"Guinea Lynx :: Eyes." Guinea Lynx :: A Medical and Care Guide for Your Guinea Pig. Web. 07 July 2011. <https://www.guinealynx.info/eyes.html>.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.