Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Veg*n trying to go vegetarian

I have Jamesion brand chewable multi-vitamins. No gelatin and it had the most iron and B12 of all the chewable multi-vitamins I could find. Only comes in one flavour though :(

Flintstone vitamins are the only vitamins with vitamin k in them. Kind of a plus if you are recovering from surgery. Though I think it's sort of strange that they now have Flintstone vitamins for "Kids that are picky eaters" and "Kids that don't always eat thier vegtables" and such. When I was a kid we didn't have such things. We were just told to eat our food and be done with it. Maybe it's a new parenting thing. Maybe some study found it harmful to feed kids things they don't like ;)

Well , i'd never have the spirit for that. I love a lot of kinds of meat but can enjoy vegetarian meals without being one

You'd be surprized what you can accomplish if you try. You could always give it a go. You may surprize yourself.

Ok well now that i know about gelatin ia am going to have to look at the ingredients in food. Is it ok to eat tomatoe sause that has had meatballs sitting in it?

Personally, I wouldn't eat this. Even though you are not eating meat directly, it has still been in contact with the sauce. It is up to you though!

Ok i was jsut wondering about that.Thankx! well i think i am really becomeing a vegitarian i have gone a few days now but ir eally want some orange flavored chicken for a chines place!!! And a hot dog! O well i will just fight the urge.

its ok that im losing a LITTLE weight, im weighing myself every day and i know when its too much which it almost is, i think i drank some water or something when i was 94.9 so it might have only been like .2 lbs. but i like to eat so im not going to lose weight drasticly. (broken link removed)thats my favorite food, so im not going to go vegan right away, it has a little bit of milk in it

and rust... there should be no urge at all. not when MORNING STAR FARMS IS HERE TO SAVE THE DAY!!!! they have hot dogs and chicken stuff and stuff blah blah blah heres the link good luck. (broken link removed)

wow thank you! i am going to make a list of food i have to get now!

Does anyone here eat the Morning Star brand of food? I've always wanted to try it.

I do. Morningstar is my second favorite brand behind Worthington. I love their veggie beef, that you put in pasta sauce ( a great vegan meal btw) and my boyfriend swears the sausage links taste like real sausage. I believe they also make corn dogs which are excellent. I notice that morningstar is the most common brand around here, and smartlife but I hate smartlife. Yuck. Try morningstar, it's good.

Rust bottom, it's almost ipossible to not eat any of the meat "residue" like the grease and little chunks of sauce. Plus if youre buying the food from a cafeteria or somewhere else youre still supporting it in a way. If youre mom's making it, best not to offend her and just pick it out: ) I can't do that though because the taste is still there and it grosses me out a little bit.

I refuse to eat anything that has touched meat. Because evn picking it out you are still supporting the meat industry.

Yeah, but I doubt Rust actually bought this meat dish. She was probably given it by her family

You are still basically economically 'consuming' the meat that way. Her family needs to be urged to only buy enough meat for the rest of them, so it acctually makes an impact.

Well yes, I know that. I was just saying...

Ya my grandma make sauce and always puts meatballs in it. The other members of the family eat it and i never do.

I'm only 14 and I have already tryed to go vegetarian. I really find it unfair for innocent animals to get killed for food or fur or anything else. I didn't have any type of meat (including poultry) for about a month. My brother would always make fun of me and my family has always had at least 1 serving of meat a day which made it harder. After a while I found it too hard(sadly) being in the family i'm in and all so I decided to hold it off until I could buy my own food.(hopefully soon) But if you have lots of support and money for fruits and vegetables you should try it. Trust me it will make you feel good on the inside and outside!!

lol, my mom always (playfully) makes fun of me because of me being vegetariean. like, the other day, i said mom my toe hurts! "yeah thats because your vitamin defficiant! SAVE THE TREES heheeh" and stuff like that, my mom, will never give up meat, or dairy, and she says it isnt healthy to be vegan, (even though you get all the vitimens other places) aaaannnnnndddddd ill have to get back here soon, because i forgot the name of it, but if anybody misses those big bags of chicken breasts, i found a vegan version of it. Ill go see what brand it was if i can find it again. and yeah, i make my own dinner almost every night because my mom makes alot of meat, i feel cleaner though! and i like the thought, (as most everybody) that i dont have to kill stuff and eat it to survive, or to make it sound grosser, i dont have to eat dead stuff to live

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.