Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Travel Tips When Taking Piggies

PiggyDiva

Cavy Slave
I am planning on going home to visit my parents for the weekend in a couple of weeks and this will be the first time the girls have traveled. Any tips to make it less stressful on them? Also, I live in a really rural area so home pet sitting isn't an option and as great as my friends are none of them want to drive all the way out to my house once or twice a day to care for guinea pigs. There is a vet in the area that would board them but do you think it would be less stressful to actually take them with me? I go home about once every two months so they will be traveling quite frequently. I'm really up in the air about boarding them or taking them. Any advice is much appreciated!

KateandOscar

Cavy Slave
Well do you have a C&C cage? If so, use some extra grids for a small travel cage, maybe a 2x2 or something? Then just fold up your regular cage if you can and store it someplace in our car, which im assuming your taking there. Just fold the grids and then put the coroplast in the back, or score it to fold it up for the trip. Once you get there, just set up the cage again and put them back in. Hope this helps :). You could also put the travel cage somewhere you can see like the passenger seat and secure it to the seat so it wont fall off, and keep maybe a bag of veggies on hand to feed them through the trip to calm them down.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.